Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pain after sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i get this off and on pain after sex which feels very much like period pains (but not really bad ones), so somewhat like a achey sort of pain. its not consistant, and isn't often too bad, but i did read something that sugested that such a pain could be linked to endometriosis, and inflammatry pelvic disease. Has anyone had a simmilar experiance?

i do know that i need to go to the doctor to get properly checked, but getting an appointment with the female GP at my surgery is a nightmare, so i would like like some more information during the meantime.

Comments

• Options
    Do you get it all the time or is it related to the time of month? I only ask because I get them in the week (ish) before I'm due on and apparently it's just like period pains triggered by the action.
  • Options
    Could it just be the position you've had sex in? My boyfriend is a fair bit bigger than average, and depending on the position (missionary is the worst), I sometimes get period pain like cramps for hours - sometimes even days! -afterwards.
  • Options
    bear with me... but it could be that you are not used to orgasming or haven't in a while; assuming you did - your muscles would be contracting a lot.
  • Options
    Could it just be the position you've had sex in? My boyfriend is a fair bit bigger than average, and depending on the position (missionary is the worst), I sometimes get period pain like cramps for hours - sometimes even days! -afterwards.

Show off! :p

But yeah, I frequently have the same experience.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Show off! :p

That's twice I've been accused of that! :( It's not always a good thing! :p