Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knee problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My knees felt a bit funny last night and this morning they feel like they're seizing up. they don't really hurt, just feel weird when i try to walk. I think its because I've been going to the gym alot lately. I did used to have an injury on my right knee but this problem is affecting both of them so I don't think its that. Is there any sort of physio or exercises/stretches I could do to make them better?

Comments

• Options
    Is it the actual knee, or the muscles surrounding it?
  • Options
    how do i tell the difference? its to do with when i walk or move the knee.. so the i guess that means the muscles? or the joint?
  • Options
    TBH if it like a seizing pain or cramp, it could be the muscle. Or if its locked, stiff feeling, it may be the joint.

But the day after I train legs I get the same feeling.
  • Options
    i don't normally get this seizing feeling of my knees though and i've been going to the gym for years now. oh well.. i've taken some ibuprofen and i'm just going to rest them.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i don't normally get this seizing feeling of my knees though and i've been going to the gym for years now. oh well.. i've taken some ibuprofen and i'm just going to rest them.
    What I do after my w/o is extreme stretching, as well as taking a protein shake with simple carbs & antioxidants. All these little things reduce soreness dramatically.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    My knees felt a bit funny last night and this morning they feel like they're seizing up. they don't really hurt, just feel weird when i try to walk. I think its because I've been going to the gym alot lately. I did used to have an injury on my right knee but this problem is affecting both of them so I don't think its that. Is there any sort of physio or exercises/stretches I could do to make them better?

Sounds like old age is catching up with you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doctor/arthritisglucosamine.shtml
  • Options
    Hasn't the gym explained the stretches which you should do before and after exercise?
  • Options
    does it feel like you need to crack them??
  • Options
    Hasn't the gym explained the stretches which you should do before and after exercise?
    i do stretches before exercise but maybe my knees are a bit more weak than other peoples.

no it doesnt feel like i need to crack them.. they just kinda hurt.