Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boys aged 11 and 14 charged with rape

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know i don't usually come in here but i found this and i'm really shocked and just wanted to share....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/5323946.stm

I find it very worrying that an 11 year old boy is capable of rape. It makes you wonder why boys so young are doing this. And what they might do in the future.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It is even more sickening they did this to an EIGHT year old.

They should be locked away for life.
  • Options
    pretty messed up.
  • Options
    The world is full of fucked up people. you just have to hope you dont meet many in your lifetime
  • Options
    The world is full of fucked up people. you just have to hope you dont meet many in your lifetime
    and cary a telloscoping riot batton.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    It is even more sickening they did this to an EIGHT year old.

They should be locked away for life.
    And more than once! :shocking:
    I don't know what to say, really.
  • Options
    That's awful, really. The girl will be scarred for life. Makes me wonder whether they even cared of the consequences. Punishment? They are very young, but that does not mitigate their actions, nothing will. They should serve a profound prison sentence - I would say life-time. No one will ever know if their violent tendencies will ever be subjugated, making the question whether such young people should serve a life-sentence or not ambivalent, at least to me. I do think it's pretty clear that they inflicted the same amount of trauma as an adult rapist would... and they should do as much time.
  • Options
    I think its stupid that they cant be named. Naming and shaming will sure as hell make them stop!

Especially after all the abuse that they would probably get!

Sick little bastards
  • Options
    the worst part of it is they'l probably just have to attend a young offenders institute for a few weeks! in my opinion, if they're capable of such a thing, they should be locked up in an adult prison for the rest of their liveS+they should die in prison! :mad:
  • Options
    also makes you wonder why they did it. If they're capable of rape at such a young age - god knows what they'll be capable of in 10 years time.
    They also did it more than once...i hope this gets taken seriously.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    also makes you wonder why they did it. If they're capable of rape at such a young age - god knows what they'll be capable of in 10 years time.

Capable of being rehabilitated maybe?

Given that they're so young I would have thought there's a good chance they won't need to be locked up indefinately.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It isn't just this case though is it?
    Every week there is another report of a teen or even pre-teen boy raping some girl. Or a gang of girls lynching a toddler they kidnapped. Or some school kid slashing another school kids face with a razor in lessons. Or something like that. It seems now that the papers and news channels are full of it.
  • Options
    One person every day for ten years would be just over 3650, from a population of 66m. The papers may be full of it, but it is such a minority that actually the risk to each of us is very small.

Papers report sensational story. You really wouldn't buy a paper which had a "80 y-o goes to post office, gets pension, food and then goes home" when you could get a "80-y-o robbed for pension" story - yet which do you think is the more likely to happen.
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    They should hang the cunts.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kermit wrote:
    They should hang the cunts.

That^