Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

18th ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know it sounds mad, but I need help with the following:
I keep on being asked what I want for my 18th that is 'special', and I honestly have no idea what I would like.

So anyone want to share what they got for theirs, or any ideas?

Thankyou!

Comments

• Options
    If you can't think of anything, dont ask for anything? :chin:
  • Options
    If you can't think of anything, dont ask for anything? :chin:
    I've tried that one, but my family weren't keen on that lol.
  • Options
    A "special" crate of beer :D
  • Options
    I asked for a promise that everyone would be nice to me for the day. I'm having a party and I know that last mintue my family will be all stressed about setting it all up and that's actually ruined birthdays in the past. My 17th included.

So I've made everyone promise me that no matter what they wont be mean to me. That's special enough!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    :) Liking that idea.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    So I've made everyone promise me that no matter what they wont be mean to me. That's special enough!
    Aw, that's a nice one :)
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I know it sounds mad, but I need help with the following:
    I keep on being asked what I want for my 18th that is 'special', and I honestly have no idea what I would like.

So anyone want to share what they got for theirs, or any ideas?

Thankyou!

I got one of the following to my 18th.
    1) bobslide in a real ice-canal
    2) paragliding
    3) parachuting from a plane
    4)flying in a sail plane.

Come to think of it, I haven't done any of them yet, and I am becoming 21 soon :/
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Aw, that's a nice one :)

Yeah I know :) I've since found out though that I'm getting a laptop from my parents as well. Woohoo!:yippe:

I do know how you feel though, apparently my aunty bumped into my boyfriends mum the other day, and my aunty actually asked her what I wanted, so obviously, my boyfriends mum asked me! And I've no idea, I hadn't even thought about it, the one thing I'm looking forward to about my 18th is the party, which I've always been promised so that wasn't an issue. It's driving me mental, so when people ask I just tell them I want them to have fun with me :D
  • Options
    Yeah, that sounds good. I'm not actually having a party, but may pull some strings as it were and organise something myself :)
  • Options
    See your not stuck for ideas :D have fun!!
  • Options
    My friends having her 21st this weekend and her family's hired a bouncy castle and sumo suits and things. I can hardly contain myself.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    My friends having her 21st this weekend and her family's hired a bouncy castle and sumo suits and things. I can hardly contain myself.
    Haha! Wicked! I was going to go out on a pub crawl- but seeing as I'm the oldest out of my friends- that may not work!
  • Options
    I got a watch for mine. The initial suggestion was for a nice dressy girly type one that I would have forever. After a bit of discussion I then got an out doors one that is all singing all dancing pressure tracking, compass etc.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

Special Brew :thumb:

I can barely remember my 18th pressies but for my very recent 21st among my signifigant pressies I got two beautiful charm bracelets with really unique (and possibly weird) charms on them, a crate of pink champagne and set of beautiful glasses, Irish linen bedlinen, a sponsored goat, new inner tubes for my bike (thanks, Dad!), hiking boots, and a ring :D Oh, and the best birthday party I've ever had in my life :) It's like that 12 Days of Xmas song...
  • Options
    wow. I so want to go to that party.

Tjing is if i do something like that for my next big birthday it will be for my 30th haha :crazyeyes :crying:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Special Brew :thumb:

I can barely remember my 18th pressies but for my very recent 21st among my signifigant pressies I got two beautiful charm bracelets with really unique (and possibly weird) charms on them, a crate of pink champagne and set of beautiful glasses, Irish linen bedlinen, a sponsored goat, new inner tubes for my bike (thanks, Dad!), hiking boots, and a ring :D Oh, and the best birthday party I've ever had in my life :) It's like that 12 Days of Xmas song...
    Ohhh... thankyou Briggi! You've given me some ideas, e.g. a crate of pink champange!
  • Options
    For my 18th I helped design a ring which a local jeweler made for me. There were various other pressies like a charm bracelet, a chocolate fondue set, a nice lamp, can't remember the rest! For my 21st I got mainly jewelry again, along with some huuuuge bottles of cider (gotta be true to the countryside!), a couple of bottles of champagne, a nice bag, a lovely book on cocktails and a few other things.
  • Options
    Just tell them you want money :p
  • Options
    My Dad gave me 3 grand to go towards a car, and my boyfriend at the time gave me a diamond ring.