Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Implant qu.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it normal for there to be no period at all whilst I'm on the implant?

Comments

• Options
    Yep, completely normal :yes:
  • Options
    Ok, thankyou! Was just starting to worry, as I only use the implant for protection! I know it's quite a high protection rate though, just a scare really wouldn't be good atm.
  • Options
    Hi there

I know you've already had a reply, but I thought I'd point out that the fpa have some indepth info about implants on their website, which you might find useful to look over.

Hope its helpful.
  • Options
    Thankyou Rudderless, I looked at the link and have bookmarked it!

Also, period came on this morning.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Thankyou Rudderless, I looked at the link and have bookmarked it!

Also, period came on this morning.

Thats the annoying thing, you never quite know when it's going to come, sometimes its 6 months apart, sometimes its six weeks :banghead:
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Thats the annoying thing, you never quite know when it's going to come, sometimes its 6 months apart, sometimes its six weeks :banghead:
    Tell me about it! My periods so far have been as close apart as 2 days, and as far apart as 10 weeks now :banghead:
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Tell me about it! My periods so far have been as close apart as 2 days, and as far apart as 10 weeks now :banghead:

I didnt have one for nearly a year when it was first put it, not like im complaining :D

did you come up in a big lovely bruise when you had it put in too?
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I didnt have one for nearly a year when it was first put it, not like im complaining :D

did you come up in a big lovely bruise when you had it put in too?
    No, i didn't have a bruise! I love making the boyf feel it though, as it freaks him out!!!
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    No, i didn't have a bruise! I love making the boyf feel it though, as it freaks him out!!!
    Hehe yeah I do that too, people are like :yuck:

When I had it put in it came up in a huge bruise, all black and everything. Nut it has been the best contraception I've ever had, I could never remember to take the pill, The injection gave me pins and needles in my leg and bum for about a week and made me put on a stone, so thumbs up for the implant :thumb:
  • Options
    Just be warned should you ever need medical treatment abroad you will havr some challenge explaining what it is, lots have never heard of it! Can be a fun one at midnight in an Italian A&E. :banghead:
  • Options
    All the doctors I've been to seem to know what a 'contraceptive implant' is :confused:
  • Options
    It was completely beyond the Italian hospital, and the portugese doctor who came down from the main camp site to see how we were doing. Eventually one of the nurses said they had heard of it, but is very rarely used in Europe.
  • Options
    It's the only method I've tried, and I've had no problems with it, the only thing I've had as a side effect is to be a bit hormonal, but that's settled down a hell of a lot now I've it in for about 4 or 5 months. Think I'll be staying on the implant for as long as possible!! Thumbs up def like you said!!