Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any mixtape fans?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
A lot of top material by us hiphop artists never gets released into the charts but does get played by djs in their mixtapes, just wondered if anyone else gets hold of any of these and what they think of them?

i think its great because it gives people a chance to hear songs they would probably not hear otherwize.

Think its really annoying however when a sample gets played over every song with the djs name in it etc

do do do SOUTHERN SMOKE di da da SOUTHERN SMOKE dum di dum...

or

bda bda bda bda bda this is 50 cen.."NEW SHIT"..."FITDY CENT"...."YEAH"...."YOU NEVER HEARD DIS SHIT BEFORE"...."NEW JOINT"....(by the time they've finished so has the song)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Choice FM plays a lot of stuff that's not mainstream, that's how i find out about a lot of them. Got a few friends who are producers in London and they do have a lot of mix tapes, ain't seen them in a while, must catch up...
  • Options
    You produce Icey? Or do you mean "us" as in USA?
  • Options
    haha only just read that back, no i meant USA, american artists. :lol: not me