Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My guitar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone with a guitar had this problem before.

When I wear the guitar its like the neck is to heavy and when i let go of it it just tips downwards to the floor and its making it difficult to play! Any suggestions how to fix this? Cheers :o

Comments

• Options
    Umm, the headstock is heavier than the body is the only explanation. There is no way to lighten the head or neck - that's just how it's built.

What guitar is it? I have the same thing on my basses that the neck is heavier than the body and thus slides down if you don't hold it but you get used to it.
  • Options
    I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom SG
    Guitars are indeed quite difficult to play when you've let go of them and have no hands on them :p

I'd suggest maybe looking at the strap or not letting go of the neck basically.

I have to slightly let go sometimes if I want to get from the lower notes to higher notes, I cant explain it but I don't mean I completey let go of the guitar lol.
  • Options
  • Options
    Can't you just slide your hand up and down the neck, but keep hold of the guitar?
  • Options
    Dude, An SG should stay in position. If it's falling towards the neck, that's not normal and I would get that looked at. Is it made in Japan or Mexico?
  • Options
    Made in Korea
  • Options
    Oh ok. Korea makes shite guitars but I'd still get it checked. That isn't normal.
  • Options
    My experience with SGs is that they're fairly neck heavy. I know it was a major problem for Santana at one point, so you're in.....well I don't want to say 'good' company because that's a lie......famous company yes, that'll do.

The only thing I can think of save adding more weight to the body is wearing the guitar slightly higher on the strap.