Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

brother orphan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My brother's off to London!!!
I've just come back from the airport to see him off.

Be nice to him you lot :crying:

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    bluewisdom wrote:
    My brother's off to London!!!
    I've just come back from the airport to see him off.

Be nice to him you lot :crying:
    will i promise! well i cant say ill bump into him being 100 miles away, but im sure he will be fine!
  • Options
    Aw, you poor love, one of my brothers has been tempted away to London, too and the other lives in Germany so I know how you feel being :(

I bet he's going to have an amazing time, though. :hyper: How long is he over for?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Aw, you poor love, one of my brothers has been tempted away to London, too and the other lives in Germany so I know how you feel being :(

I bet he's going to have an amazing time, though. :hyper: How long is he over for?
    Thanks briggi! He'll be away for two years minimum - and maybe five if he decides to continue with the PhD.
    I'm sure he'll have a great time too. It's just the departure was kind of difficult as he wasn't convinced to go until the last minute... but he's fine now (I think).. just will miss him loads. :(
    (And I also envy him to death, as I'd love to go too...)

And thanks Bunny!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    (And I also envy him to death, as I'd love to go too...)

Well if you ever had a perfect excuse to get yourself over here then visiting (and checking up on) your dear brother is it! :D 2-5 years is plenty of time to plan an itinerary, haha.

It's awful when you're hesitating right up to the departure gate, I've been in that situation before and been saying farewell to people who've felt that way before. I'm sure once he hits English soil he'll be so swept away in everything that his doubts will fly out of the window! :)
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Oooh catalina come over and visit him, and us :hyper:
    OOOoo don't tempt me... You know I'd love to!! I'm definitely planning on going, but it's so bloody expensive :crazyeyes ... I'm working my ass off right now to save the money...
    And incidentally, just when I came back from the airport, I got a call from my bank saying that I had a loan approved.. (I hadn't asked for one..). So now I'm doubly tempted!!)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Well if you ever had a perfect excuse to get yourself over here then visiting (and checking up on) your dear brother is it! :D 2-5 years is plenty of time to plan an itinerary, haha.

It's awful when you're hesitating right up to the departure gate, I've been in that situation before and been saying farewell to people who've felt that way before.
    Thanks briggi! I feel so understood :heart:
    briggi wrote:
    I'm sure once he hits English soil he'll be so swept away in everything that his doubts will fly out of the window! :)
    Yes, I'm sure that will be the case too...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My brother's in London too... He was supposed to stay for 2-3 years, but it's been 7 now!
  • Options
    Is he going to LSE?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Is he going to LSE?
    :yes: For a Master of Public Administration.
  • Options
    My brother's in London too... He was supposed to stay for 2-3 years, but it's been 7 now!
    :crying:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    bluewisdom wrote:
    :crying:
    heh, sorry, I didn't mean to give you ideas. :blush:
    Due to local laws, my bro did have a reason for not returning. I doubt it's the same there.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    :yes: For a Master of Public Administration.
    Did you know that LSE has 60% international students?
  • Options
    I know how you're feeling too. My sister is off to Aus next week and at Christmas my brother and his girlfriend are off to NZ.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Is he going to LSE?
    *tut* Inferior, I say....

Haha.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Did you know that LSE has 60% international students?
    No, didn't know that actually. Guess people from all over the world want to enter...