Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ties

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to make you look smart. :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm with you there... I despise ties. I'll never wear one if I can get away with it (which sadly doesn't seem too likely).
  • Options
    I don't see the point either.
  • Options
  • Options
    to make you look smart. :p
    Glasses make you look smart. Ties make you look like someone who's carrying contracts to con people into giving him their money. :p

One of my favourite quotationes: "Never trust a man who wears a tie."
  • Options
    A nice suit or even dress shirt and pants looks real tacky without the tie. It makes you look sophistacted and sexy. And its a great way to grab somebody to kiss them, or choke them.
  • Options
    no, glasses don't make you look smart.

as with everything it depends who's wearing them.

my ex is teacher and looks very smart with a shirt and tie (which he wears to work). :heart:
  • Options
    I wear ties on the odd occasion when i go out....goes great with a shirt and baggy jeans. Yup, i am a victim of ridiculous green day/avril lavigne fashion, but fuck it, i like it. hehe.

But i agree, never trust a man in a tie. lol.
  • Options
    I wear ties on the odd occasion when i go out....goes great with a shirt and baggy jeans. Yup, i am a victim of ridiculous green day/avril lavigne fashion, but fuck it, i like it. hehe.

:no: Don't ruin the sexy sophisticated look by looking like a sum41 band reject. It makes doves cry.
    Do you top it off with a pair of sweat bands on your wrists :razz:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :no: Don't ruin the sexy sophisticated look by looking like a sum41 band reject. It makes doves cry.
    Do you top it off with a pair of sweat bands on your wrists :razz:

Probably with a pair of converse or Vans too. :p That look only looks half decent on very few men. Ok, boys.
  • Options
    I like ties, except novelty ties. Just :no:

When I used to wait tables we wores shirts and ties and old perverts always used to tell us how sexy it looked. But then I think I might actually prefer them on women, too, come to think about it.

As a result of that career move I do have a rather beautiful tie collection which this thread has reminded me of :D
  • Options
    I like wearing ties.
    They look good on me.
    The one time I went to Stringfellows I had a black suit and shit, white shoes and white tie. It was muy bueno!!!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Do you top it off with a pair of sweat bands on your wrists
    No, i prefer a leather buckle, or some bangles, or some plasticy crap to make my wrists look pretty.
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Probably with a pair of converse or Vans too.
    Converse are quite impossible to wear, how everyone does it i dont know, theyre just so uncomfortable.....but a yes to the skate shoes, not necasarily Vans tho, bit pricey.

So nice of you all to take such an interest in my clothes :) loveley people :)
  • Options
    There was an article with this question on the BBC website a few weeks ago. If I can find it, I'll post it.

Personally, I don't see the point. It's not as if they protect you from anything or keep you warm, is it?
  • Options
    Well if your going by that, whats the point of a necklace or a bracelet? The point of those "poncho" things? A belt?

Like the above, a tie is an accessory.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    A belt?
    It prevents people from seeing your underwear when you trip on your fallen trousers.
  • Options
    It prevents people from seeing your underwear when you trip on your fallen trousers.

You should buy pants that fit in the first place :razz:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    You should buy pants that fit in the first place :razz:

Do you know how hard it is to find trousers that fit length way and waist? (worded badly I know, but I know what I'm talking about - was talking about this earlier)
  • Options
    Ties are for men to look foxy in and ladies to use to grab hold of aforementioned foxy men and kiss them lots for the simple crime of being foxy.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Ties are for men to look foxy in and ladies to use to grab hold of aforementioned foxy men and kiss them lots for the simple crime of being foxy.

Interesting:lol:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Do you know how hard it is to find trousers that fit length way and waist? (worded badly I know, but I know what I'm talking about - was talking about this earlier)

I am female, therefore I do.
  • Options
    haha this thread is quite funny - yet true. They do stand no purpose! But i like them though - as long as the shirt and suit and tie are interesting colours like, dark blue suit, ligt blue shirt and tie. They look sexy :) I wear a bow tie at work (waitressing) its horrible :yuck:
  • Options
    What the fuck is the point in ties?

Other than throttling annoying co-workers, of course.
    You should wear the shoelace your boss offered you instead :p

I think ties are meant to be for decoration, or something, although Kaff's reason is far better. *nod*
  • Options
    I like ties alot. Especially plain skinny ties.