Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

9/11 - The Five Year Anniversary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone watch this on Channel 4 last night? :crying: I was crying through most of it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Did anyone watch this on Channel 4 last night? :crying: I was crying through most of it.

Yeah watched most of it. I think I've watched it before as part of the 1st anniversary a while back. This one had updated bit to it. Still the sound of bodies crashing to the floor doesn't get any easier.
  • Options
    No i couldn't be bothered....it was too long and although it sounds horrible, i'm getting tired of a documentary each september about it.
  • Options
    Still the sound of bodies crashing to the floor doesn't get any easier.

I know... the being trapped inside the tower when it first collapsed.... that footage set me off, because you just knew what had happened, you just saw it from inside the damn building.

And for some reason the sight of the paper al over the place (like when the second one colapsed and it was in the camera) set me off too. Just the thought that an hour before that was sitting on someones desk, someones work.... made me cry again.

I started crying when I thought the rookie fireman wasn't coming back as well. And when the priest (?) died.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    No i couldn't be bothered....it was too long

It was insanely long - after about ten to nine i got a bit fed up. But the boyfriend was doing work on his laptop so I left it on til test the nation.
  • Options
    Yeah i watched bits of it, same old stuff really that were gonna see every year. But was still good to watch .. cant believe its been 5 years.
  • Options
    Yeah,i saw dat one too......it's disheartening to see all those horrible things that happened to innocent people.my eyes become so teary whenever i see those videos on tv.Can't believe it's almost 5 years now.