Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Creative Zen User's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mainly anyone who has the Creative Zen Microphoto [8gb].

I wanted opinion's, personal accounts of this device. I want to buy myself a proper mp3 player. My SE K750i does a job but it's interface towards finding near 1gb of music really isn't good.

I'm thinking an 8gb device would suffice my needs now & the foreseeable future, basically what i have currently on this pc and my entire cd collection.

I've been into a couple of shops an dtaken a look at the it but not seen one live and operating. I read a review online where someone said that the radio wasnt very good and didnt pick up stations so one of the questions i had was how is the radio ? How is the interface compared to the ipod interface. How decent is the facility to record on the device from the radio ? What are the headphones like, decent quality, decent sound coming through them ? I hate when thing's are very quiet because when used outside you hear more from you're surroundings than the bloody device !

and uhm i think thats all my questions for now.

As always every reply is appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    have you looked on amazon? they sometimes have customer reviews of products.

i have a 6gb creative zen micro. i've never really used the radio but when i did it was a bit jumpy.

the headphones are fine for me i've never had any problem but to me headphones are headphone so...

i think blagsta said he had one of the ones you want.
  • Options
    I've got the Vision-M which is great, usually the headphones need replacing with a decent pair, but this seems to always be the case. I know with this player you can change the firmware to American and have no volume limit, although the UK version is plenty. So that may be the case with the Micro.
  • Options
    I had the Micro 6GB for a while and was actually looking at the Microphoto just after mine went slightly wrong.

I have the earphones and think they're alright. For some reason though, the grey foam pad has come off on both pairs I've had.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    There are plenty of good points about this device such as: Bright, colourful OLED that's viewable from any angle; available in a choice of ten body colours; replaceable battery; includes voice recorder, photo viewer, FM tuner, onboard calendar and task manager that syncs with Microsoft Outlook; out-of-the-box compatible with Janus (Windows Media DRM 10); excellent sound quality. However you cannot browse your photos whilst listening to music and the touch pad can take some getting used too.

Although i do not own this device i have used it plenty of times. Oh one more thing when listening to FM radio there is a slight background hiss, not to good especially if you live in an area with crap reception.

This phone is recommended although i do find it on this expensive side. Have you looked at any IRivers? LINK Generally they are a little cheaper and have better reviews !!
  • Options
    the grey foam came off on my headphones too. :grump:
  • Options
    I have the micro 6gb. foam came off both pairs of headphones i have had too. havent had any problems with the headphones other than that.
    I havent used the radio at all so i dont know what its like but I am happy with my player overall :) I think the interface is pretty simple to use and I like the way i can organise all my music using the program on the computer (much easier doing it looking at the big pc screen than the tiny player one :) )

I do have one question though (hopefully not hijacking your thread too much!) - when i have taken my player to friend's houses, i want to plug it into their computer and play my music through their pc but i havent worked out how to do it without them having the creative software - is it possible?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    intrepide wrote:
    I have the micro 6gb. foam came off both pairs of headphones i have had too. havent had any problems with the headphones other than that.
    I havent used the radio at all so i dont know what its like but I am happy with my player overall :) I think the interface is pretty simple to use and I like the way i can organise all my music using the program on the computer (much easier doing it looking at the big pc screen than the tiny player one :) )

I do have one question though (hopefully not hijacking your thread too much!) - when i have taken my player to friend's houses, i want to plug it into their computer and play my music through their pc but i havent worked out how to do it without them having the creative software - is it possible?

No i think you need the software to provide the interface of being able to transfer. Not sure if you can download the drivers from there site, if so then once assigned to the device it should show as removeable media.
  • Options
    i managed to do it on my ex boyfriends laptop..i think. isn't it to do with how much you have stored in the hd? :-s
  • Options
    I did indeed read the reviews on amazon. That's what sort of put me off somewhat. I have looked at iRiver's also but the fact that it didnt have a stop button was also a bit off putting. I've read about th ephot viewing as being quiet shit. From what i read here i don't think i'd bother buying one.

I noticed the SanDisk mp3 player, looks quite nice, received good reviews but then i had read an interesting article about SanDisk and illegalities regarding their mp3 players so that might also not be a go getter as of yet.

To be honest though i dont want a photoviewer in an mp3 player i just want a nice easy to use device that i can store ALL my music on that is SMALL, it HAS to be as small, and rechargable and not have a low volume limit, that's just shite.

Crap.. well i'm going to have to keep looking then arent i .. . .
  • Options
    Why not get a 'Creative Zen V Plus' which have not long been out.
  • Options
    I've had 5 Zens because the headphone jack breaks and that means the sound starts stopping and starting, so I just kept getting replacments. They are very good in other areas.