Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

HELP.. am I entitled to funding?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Essentially, I'm a 2nd year student at Warwick and was unable to sit my second year exams in both June and Sepmtember [now!] due to illness. I will now be considered a student out of residence which means that I will sit my second year exams next June 2007 and then enter my third year in September 2007.

In the meantime I can still re-attend 2nd year lectures and seminars but won;t be officially registered. I just phoned my local LEA who were really rude and unhelpful and just said well "we don;t know what a student out of residence is!".
I have read on the directgoveuk website that "if you defer or repeat a year due to circumstances beyond your control, you may be offered full support"..

Help... I can't seem to get any help from anyone....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you have to be a full time student to get full funding.
    provided that you re-enroll on your modules you are retaking and attend more than 100 level 2 credits - you will be entitled to funding.
    if you do not have to attend until june 2007 then your lea will calss it as you are not a full time student until june 2007.
    "a student out of residence" is a term i've never heard of so i'm not suprised your lea don't know what it is either.
    if you do have to repeat a year WITH ATTENDANCE then you should get proof of your illness and send it to your lea, as otherwise if you repeat a year without extenuation you will not be entitled to any tuition fee support.
    hope that helps a bit.
    don't give up talking to your lea. but make sure you talk to a student finance advisor at your university as well.
  • Options
    Get in touch with the finance people at your uni, probably your best starting point is your tutor and get their help to clarify where you stand with regards to funding and then gat back in touch with your LEA.