Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex being a total and utter twat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically, my ex has been signing my home address up to God knows what, I've been recieving free samples of "products" (pile cream etc) through the post that I've not signed up for.

And yeah, I know it's her because I'm quite new in this flat and the only other people who might know my address (to write to) is the people at my old work if I left a payslip lying about (which I didn't), and they swear blind it aint them.

It's like I can totally deal with the whole break up thing, it was absolutely cool till she made one snide remark too far and I rose to the bait and told her to leave it, then she's like "Fuck off you twat, grow up and never talk to me again"

Totally can deal with that, I've been really good at rising above the snide comments and shit and I've moved on, but why not just leave it at that? Why do people sometimes seem to have absolutely fuck all respect for feelings and shit the minute there's a break up? It sounds funny, but it's really pretty fucking upsetting.

Could understand if I'd been the one shagging around when I was with her, but I did fuck all wrong when I was with her and I let her walk all over me and treat me like I was the one who was a total twat about things.

And yet it's me who's the one really upset because I'm supposed to be starting off with somebody else, but I don't know if I'm gonna find closure with this whole thing and it's just all builds up.....yanno?

Finding it really hard to rise above it all, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Sign her parents house under HER name up for explicit and extreme sexual magazines. That will show that slag.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Sign her parents house under HER name up for explicit and extreme sexual magazines. That will show that slag.

But that's not rising above it, is it?

Three years ago I'd have done shit like that to make me feel better, but not now.

I'm upset for her too, because I really don't think she needs to act like that.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

Yeah, but they'll come in sealed envelopes anyway, and she might even enjoy them! ;) They're never free either, are they?
  • Options
    how long has it been going on for?

if you can just try ignoring it. hopefully she'll get bored once she realises you're not bothered.
  • Options

if you can just try ignoring it. hopefully she'll get bored once she realises you're not bothered.

actually yea. With the snide remarks she just wanted to provoke you. She fucking loves it.

If you keep your cool, maybe even drop her a line with "hey, thank you for the free whipped cream signup", she will be able to iron with her flat hand so angry she will be... If she realizes it does not provoke you, she will stop and you won!
  • Options

Well I got three of the same thing, two on Friday and one today :hyper:

She seemed really keen to let me know that she'd been having great sex too and had some bloke on the go, but she got a bit bored of that too.

If she'd stop fucking with my head then I could move on to this new girl, but there's pretty much fuck all I can do if she keeps sending shit through the post.
  • Options
    why? just ignore it. don't let her ruin your chances with other people.
  • Options
    well she sounds like a sad cunt although she's obviously still hurting. the fact she needs to tell you that she is shagging someone supports this. just be the better person and ignore it. why are you still talking to her?
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry but I did laugh at the pile cream :lol:
    Just ignore it babe, she’ll get bored eventually and crawl back under her little rock. Don’t let something this small and immature get to you. Go forth and enjoy life!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Bri-namite,
    Really sorry to hear that your ex is giving you a hard time - it sounds like she doesn't know how to deal with the break-up - but that's no reason to take it out on you. It's easy to get sucked into arguments, and she is probably waiting for you to fuel her fire by reacting to her immature pranks. But as you say, you're the one who hasn't done anything wrong here and you deserve a fresh start. It's easier said than done, but if contact with her becomes unavoidable then standing firm and staying true to yourself is really important. If you can avoid her - then all the better.

Take good care
  • Options
    tbh mate she sounds like a pathetic idiot so you're best shot of her.
    Let her get on with this little vendetta thing she has going on until she gets bored.
    If you want to upset, next time she rings you telling you about some great shag shes just had, reply with "well i guess its a good job we broke up then if you're that much of a slag" then when she goes apeshit about you calling her a slag just say "we're not together anymore i dont have to listen to this shit" and put the phone down.
  • Options
    Send her a text - 'Jokes on you, I've got chlamydia' :p

nah seriously like most people say she's obviously a bit fucked up/off, it's best not to get too worked up about it. Take it in your stride, take out your frustration here ;) and she'll piss off soon.
  • Options
    The best way to deal with this would be to ignore it.

She's doing it to get a reaction from you, to try to piss you off. Therefore ignoring it is the best way to not give her what she wants.

Its tempting to do things back to try to piss her off, but that would be stooping to her level, which is a pathetic level to be on.

Try not to get affected by the free 'gifts' your getting, just throw them into the bin and forget about them. They will stop soon enough when she gets bored of not getting any reaction from you.

And lastly, be glad that your not with her anymore.
  • Options
    She's a headfuck, she wants a reason to blame you, she's handed all the responsibility of the breakup to you so she can call you a twat, tell you to grow up and verbally piss on you.

That makes sense :yes:

Cheers guys :thumb:
  • Options
    OMG. Same bint who you were on about two weeks ago? MSN plz.
  • Options
    Well done Bri for rising above it and not fighting back. She's obviously trying to get a reaction from you (anger/hate/jealousy) and you're not giving it to her. Keep the attitude you've got and when she sees that she's giving her best to fuck you off and it doesn't work, she'll stop. Failing that, give me her address and i'll give her a bad perm :D