Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Funding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone know when the student loan actually gets paid into the bank? Or does it differ from person to person?

Ta x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    you will recieve a payment schedule through the post. it will tell you the dates when you will recieve each installment.
  • Options
    I think the normal rule might be that they split it into 3 bits and pay them at the start of each term (that's the case with mine anyway).

The one thing I'm certain of is that they won't make the first payment until you're registered on your course.
  • Options
    LeedsLad wrote:
    I think the normal rule might be that they split it into 3 bits and pay them at the start of each term (that's the case with mine anyway).

The one thing I'm certain of is that they won't make the first payment until you're registered on your course.
    :yes: ^^^ what he said.

The exact date depends on your individual LEA. When I was at university the people from Finchley always got their loans through a couple of days before mine came through.
  • Options
    i get mine 2-3 days after i enrol.
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the student loan actually gets paid into the bank? Or does it differ from person to person?

Ta x
    you will get a payment schedule letter. :yes:
    it will have all the dates and installments listed.
    you need to take that with you to your enrolment and your uni will need to scan the barcode on the letter. so if you fail to do that, you won't get any money. :)