Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Prangin' Out ft. Pete Doherty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For all you Streets and Pete fans...

http://www.myspace.com/thestreets

:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    its ok. nothing that special imo. suppose pete fits in well with the story of the track 'cause it sounds like just drunken ramblings over the top...
    Not a patch on the original or skepta grime remixes
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    its ok. nothing that special imo. suppose pete fits in well with the story of the track 'cause it sounds like just drunken ramblings over the top...
    Not a patch on the original or skepta grime remixes

It's not a patch on the original... but Mike Skinner and Pete Doherty are my two favourite men. Goes well together for me! :flirt:
  • Options
    It's not a patch on the original... but Mike Skinner and Pete Doherty are my two favourite men. Goes well together for me! :flirt:

Come on! its far better than the original. The lyrics are great.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Come on! its far better than the original. The lyrics are great.

It doesn't sound right though.

As with Fit But You Know It the best mix is the grime mix.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Its raw but that just adds to it for me. Too often these days you have super shiny produced pop records that suck all the life out of songs. Theres just a raw edgy feel to this. It wouldn't be out of place on the streets first album. Just been listening to that today, I forgot what an amazing album that was.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Yeah, it doesn't sound quite right. But that's part of the charm, I think.

I :heart: Pete and Mike :D
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    it is good, i like it a lot. i was having a good sing to it yesterday in fact.
    i agree with babyshambler, the fact it doesnt quite fit adds to the charm. it also illustrates both their kind of personalities, they wouldnt blend well with anyone in real life, as they are such strong individuals, so it makes more of a statement if their music doesnt blend either.
  • Options
    Yessss!

And Pete has just had his sentencing deferred until December - which means I will still be seeing him next month in Leeds! Yes!!
  • Options
    Do you not just think it sounds a bit shit though? if it was any other random guy saying petes bit but who had a similar voice it would sound no different but i doubt you would like it... startstruck a bit?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Do you not just think it sounds a bit shit though? if it was any other random guy saying petes bit but who had a similar voice it would sound no different but i doubt you would like it... startstruck a bit?

I would still problably like it though not as much because these lyrics are from Petes heart and are about his current situation. Without him the lyrics wouldn't be as powerful and meaningful. And Pete has such a beautiful and unique voice, you're unlikely to find anyone who sounds anywhere near as good as he does on this.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I reckon he ruined a perfectly good tune to be honest.
    Not a big fan of Pete Doherty to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    nah, me neither.