Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mysterious location

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Single. Where is the best place to find intelligent, good looking women in their twenties not including pubs and clubs?

Comments

• Options
    university. Adult education courses. Not sure really, its hard to just meet people randomly usually I guess. In a pub its a social thing and its more accepted to start talking to people. Coffee bars people usually just go to with individual friends and its not so much being sociable with people you dont know, so theyre out. I think work or education type places are your best bet as you have reason to chat with them and at least you know youve got stuff in common.
  • Options
    university. Adult education courses. Not sure really, its hard to just meet people randomly usually I guess. In a pub its a social thing and its more accepted to start talking to people. Coffee bars people usually just go to with individual friends and its not so much being sociable with people you dont know, so theyre out. I think work or education type places are your best bet as you have reason to chat with them and at least you know youve got stuff in common.

Wot she sed.

Or through friends or suchlike.
  • Options
    Or through friends or suchlike.

Yes :) "networking"
  • Options
    Single. Where is the best place to find intelligent, good looking women in their twenties not including pubs and clubs?

intelligent and good looking women go to the supermarket/walk their dogs too!
  • Options
    Well I'm a single f in my 20s and so are some of my friends and the places we go are:
    shopping round town
    the library
    the theatre
    the train
    the gym (but mine is an all womens gym)
    I have met men on the train and at the library. Actually I went out with a guy I met in the library, he was on the computer next to me and he asked if I knew how to do something with a photo on his screen and we got talking and he ended up asking me for coffee when the library closed.

Usually people don't start talking though, it can be really hard to meet people.
  • Options
    Or salsa classes, my favourite.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    its very difficult to start talking to people unless you have to though, a guy can't genrally go up to someone cold in a public place. A woman thinks he is weird
  • Options
    Not really. A while back, I was on the coach from London to Plymouth and the person next to me just started talking to me.
  • Options
    It's a different kettle of fish when you're both stuck on a coach or train with limited options for entertainment; an out of the blue approach on the street or in a shop etc is a lot more risky and likely to be seen as bizarre!

I agree with SCC, further education is the way to meet like-minded, and [often] intelligent people. Or maybe do a spot of volunteering if you fancy it, will make you feel good about yourself and you might meet some interesting folk. Don't go into any situation actively looking for women, just be open and friendly to everyone you meet :)
  • Options
    already past the uni stage I'm afraid
  • Options
    Firstly, stop looking for reasons why every suggestion we make will fail. That will help your chances considerably.

People meet in all the weirdest places, trains and buses, libraries, the supermarket, walking the dog. Work's a good place to meet people, but try not to screw the crew. There are so many places to meet people and talk to people, if you're open to the idea of contact and you're not too scared of what people think.

So what if nine women think you're a bit odd if the tenth takes you home and makes you her boyfriend
  • Options
    I agree with Kermit - you can meet people anywhere, you just have to ppen your eyes.

I've met most of my boyfriends at work, but also in a supermarket, a doctors surgery and the latest one was my bus driver! Hehe.

Women don't always think you're weird if you start talking to them, but try saying hi first rather than launching into chat-up mode.