Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

medication reaction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have two questions. First, do diet pills effect birth control?

Also, has anybody had any luck with any specific diet pills? Is there anything I should look for or avoid? I've read several places to avoid ephedrine. I've searched alot about them and have decided to try. I wanted to see if anybody had any reccomendations.

Also, I know that everybody is entitled to freely write their opinion on any topic, I just wanted to say that no amount of "don't to pills, do this instead" will not change my mind. My mind is made up. I do exercise 3-4 times a week and I do eat relativly healthy.

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Options
    hi2u wrote:
    I have two questions. First, do diet pills effect birth control?

Also, has anybody had any luck with any specific diet pills? Is there anything I should look for or avoid? I've read several places to avoid ephedrine. I've searched alot about them and have decided to try. I wanted to see if anybody had any reccomendations.

Also, I know that everybody is entitled to freely write their opinion on any topic, I just wanted to say that no amount of "don't to pills, do this instead" will not change my mind. My mind is made up. I do exercise 3-4 times a week and I do eat relativly healthy.

Thank you for any help.
    I know most diet pills dont effect birth control pills, but Im not sure about ephedrine. Ephedra has many other actions other than speeding the metabolism up.

If you have read that you should avoid ephedrine, why use it? I use ephedrine as part of an eca stack, but then again I have spent years researching specific drugs & herbs. Ephedrine can be nasty if taken incorectly! And as most people choose to abuse it, there could be a problem.

Personally I would chuck the ephedrine & use other fat burners. My favourite fat burners that are natural are 6g of fish oil & cla. Cla in the long run will strip the fat of you in no time.

But I agree, people shouldnt say "they dont work", because they do. However they only speed your metabolism up so you burn more calories, if your calories arnt low enougth then they wont do shit. Make sure your caloric intake is around 1800kcals a day, along with plenty of fluids. Alot of people seem to think that in order to loose fat they should starve thereselves, infact eating at about this caloric range will burn more fat faster.

Heres a link to one of the best & cheapest cla on the market.
    http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/eShop/fat-loss/primaforce-max-cla.asp
  • Options
    Thank you, that was very helpfull. Thanks for the suggestion of fish oil and cla. What kind of products are those in? Or is it kind of when you go to the health store they are up there by themselves. (If that makes any sense at all... ) I will look into those!
  • Options
    hi2u wrote:
    Thank you, that was very helpfull. Thanks for the suggestion of fish oil and cla. What kind of products are those in? Or is it kind of when you go to the health store they are up there by themselves. (If that makes any sense at all... ) I will look into those!
    Cla & epa fish oils are fatty acids.

I buy my fish oil from holland & barrets. Its just pure epa fish oils, not cod liver oil. Ask in store if you want to.

I buy cla of the net, that link I posted to you in my first post is probaly the cheapest you will find for that quantity in England.

But please bin the the ephedra, or send me the rest. :D j/k

EDIT: here is some info on cla
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cla.html
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    To follow on from the warning about Ephedrine, and to supplement your research so far, TheSite has some information about diet pills. NHS Direct also has a few words on the topic. It's important to remember that a lot of scientific research published online has been written to market these products.

That's great you exercise and eat healthy - TheSite has plenty of other articles on health and fitness which might be of interest, too.
  • Options
    Green tea speeds up your metabolism, & is a great ant oxident.
  • Options
    Surely it's better to go on a diet (proper) than just take diet pills?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Surely it's better to go on a diet (proper) than just take diet pills?
    Metabolism boosters can have a positive effect. But you constantly hear about all this hate towards them because people saying they dont work etc. What people dont seem to grasp is that you have to use low calories whilst using a diet pill, otherwise they dont work.

But yeah a good diet & excersise programe should form the base of any weight loss plan, before using any diet pills. If your diet aint in order, no pill on earth will help.
  • Options
    What else do diet pills do besides appatite suppressents?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What else do diet pills do besides appatite suppressents?
    Speed metabolism up, increased energy, reduce fat cells.