Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sore arm after injection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had a booster injection yesterday and now the top of my arm feels like it's been punched about 100 times. It looks fine but it feels tight and bruised and hurts to move too much. I can't touch it.
Is there anything i can do to help ease it abit?

Comments

• Options
    ibuprofen? im sure it will be fine by tomorrow
  • Options
    Try being jabed in the arse or the thigh. :(
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Try being jabed in the arse or the thigh. :(

:yeees: Yeah, because a jab in the arse will distract you from the pain in your arm :D
  • Options
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    :yeees: Yeah, because a jab in the arse will distract you from the pain in your arm :D

Kinky :p
    My brother used to give me a charlie horse when I whined of pain, "see, now [insert original pain] doesn't hurt as much."

Or a Hertz Donut :razz:

I say time is the best thing for the stiffness and soreness from shots. And aleve if you have that.
    (Naproxen is the generic name)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I say time is the best thing for the stiffness and soreness from shots.

:yes:

Time and rest. It'll be fine in a couple of days.
  • Options
    I sometimes am crippled for days. :(
  • Options
    it's strange cause it was only a tiny needle, and i've had much bigger that stop hurting after a few hours!
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    it's strange cause it was only a tiny needle, and i've had much bigger that stop hurting after a few hours!

It's more to do with what they inject you with that the size of the needle, I reckon. Typhoid vaccinations have a teeny tiny needle and hurt like the fires of hell the day after. But then I've had other injections with massive needles that I didn't notice going in, and could barely feel afterwards.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    It's more to do with what they inject you with that the size of the needle, I reckon. Typhoid vaccinations have a teeny tiny needle and hurt like the fires of hell the day after. But then I've had other injections with massive needles that I didn't notice going in, and could barely feel afterwards.
    well it was tetanus, polio and something else. She told me it was the same size needle they use on toddlers and little kids! I remember the TB i had when i was 11, that hurt but it was cause the nurse pushed it in too quick so it splilled out then she stuck another needle straight back up! That was a big needle but it was fine the next day.
  • Options
    I had this when I had a booster injection a few months ago. The pain will go down. Like you, the needle was tiny but it hurt alot afterwards. (I also bled a bit and felt rather ill)
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Chop it off. :yes:
    tbh :yes:
  • Options
    I had mine a few months ago - and it hurt. Take a painkiller and try not to use your arm too much. It'll be okay in the morning :)
  • Options
    I had mine a few months ago - and it hurt. Take a painkiller and try not to use your arm too much. It'll be okay in the morning :)

:yes: Or in my case, it was fine after a few days.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I had this when I had a booster injection a few months ago. The pain will go down. Like you, the needle was tiny but it hurt alot afterwards. (I also bled a bit and felt rather ill)
    i havent been feeling great today either, bit of a belly ache and no apetite
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

Which is exactly what I had when I had mine done a few months ago. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just take something for the pain.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    Common side effects of that type of booster. Mind you I had mine years ago so I cant remeber. Just rest your arm, take painkillers and wear either a sleveless top or a loose sleeved top to help the swelling go down. Mind you thats nothing compared to the bruises I got last time I went blood doaning, about the size of the palm of my hand, lasted about two weeks. On both elbows.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    The needle doesnt hurt, its what being injected that does.
  • Options
    HIT is right with that one, and your system often takes boosters worse than the first time round. For future reference tell them it really hurt last time and see if they'll do the top of your arse or your thigh. Much more flesh there so takes it a lot better.