Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is she still interested?

I have a mate who has met this girl around december and around June, they started to hold hands and she sometimes allows him to rest his head on her shoulder and vice verca. Afterwards this left towards hugging but he always had to initiate the first move. Yesterday he found out she did not achieve her desired results so she is relocating to different college and now she seems tp be less reluctant to hold hands. She sends mixed signals to him somedays, for example she pays for things (bus fare, cinema tickets, food) sometimes and on certain occasions will not join her peers if he isn't going. To try and get an idea of how she feels about how she feels about him, he and a friend talked to her on MSN. The other friend asked "do you like ......?" and she replied "yes, I actually think hes quite cute." she then denied she said she likes him and went devensive. My friend believed that there was a 60/40% chance she liked him but he now feels its more like 30/70. He thinks this because on the week of results day she was very distant, wouldn't come out on outings and was not very social. He feels very strongly for her and fears what would happen if he is rejected.

Does she like him?
what should he do?

thanks peeps
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and you said your were 19?

holding hands with a girl was a "YESSSS" moment.... but then I turned 14 and it wasn't that special anymore.

You have very peculiar issues - and friends...

If she knows her since december and nothing ever happened beyond a hug (even with definite signs/signals), then leave it. - but that's clearly just my opinion.
  • Options
    I'd say so. People often give mixed signals when they like someone, but don't want the other person to know for fear of ruining the friendship or whatever. Which might explain why one day she says she likes him, then changes her answer later on.
  • Options
    You have some serious issues with women mate. :shocking:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    holding hands with a girl was a "YESSSS" moment.... but then I turned 14 and it wasn't that special anymore.
    I've been with girls where holding hands is a YES moment, and I've been with others where a full on kiss is just a bit of fun. It depends on the people involved.

ETA: But after the YES moment of holding hands, I've actually done something about it within six months.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    You have some serious issues with women mate. :shocking:

First of all STOP bashing me please! and what do you mean by I have issues with women!

and its not me. It really is a mate but he keeps panicking
  • Options
    Why doesn't he just ask her? He/you seem to be making a big deal out og nothing. It's not that hard to go up to someone and ask them how they feel about you.
  • Options
    Its NOT me! :grump:

I dunno he's just scared.
  • Options
    When did I say it was you? Just because you seem to be making a big deal out of it, doesn't mean that I think it's you.
  • Options
    My friend believed that there was a 60/40% chance she liked him but he now feels its more like 30/70. He thinks this because on the week of results day she was very distant, wouldn't come out on outings and was not very social.
    she didn't get the results she wanted so probably felt quite shit and didn't want to go out.
  • Options
    ok sorry. its just when you said he/you.
    F.Y.I peeps, I only typed what he told me to type.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    she didn't get the results she wanted so probably felt quite shit and didn't want to go out.

Which is a fair enough reason to not want to go out.
  • Options
    Hi Johnnyboy503,

This article might be worth suggesting to your friend.
  • Options
    ok sorry. its just when you said he/you.
    F.Y.I peeps, I only typed what he told me to type.

tell him to ask her out. That is very legitimate of 6 months mixed back and forth.
    If he does not have the guts to it. HIS problem! I doubt she's interested anymore if she HAS been, and it took him 6 months to act on it, or not.. since he hasn't done anything by now.
  • Options
    hes just panicking because she's leaving college and is going to one thats quite far away and is gonna miss her. He just don't know what to do.
  • Options
    If that's the case, then nothing, in my opinion. If you're not going to have a chance to actually go out with her, then personally, I don't see the point in telling her. I don't think anyone would commit to a LDR after a few weeks of seeing each other, even if you were friends first.
  • Options
    I havn't met her myself but he says she's quite pretty and is worried about she'll meet someone in college. I told him that unless you tell her how feel then there's no point in worrying about that.
  • Options
    well if shes going to another college he has nothing to lose in telling her or asking her out.
  • Options
    How far are we talking here?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    well if shes going to another college he has nothing to lose in telling her or asking her out.

Indeed.

Why is he so worried about her going out with someone else? I'm sure there are plenty of other girls he could go out with?
  • Options
    from southgate college to barnet college (the east barnet one)

Its up to him if he wants to tell her (I think he should or else he'll regret it) I told him to tell her but its up to him to do it. He wants to do it via MSN but I said ring her and tell her.
  • Options
    well if he talks to her mostly on msn then telling her on msn won't make a difference. i guess its easier.
  • Options
    hm, I guess.
  • Options
    well he got her.

don't know how or why but he admitted to the girl he liked her and viola!
    he has a brand new girlfriend!