Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

DragonForce

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Oh my God, why did I not hear of this band sooner? I just bought, well, downloaded, their last couple of albums and they are fucking excellent. Having gotten into Lordi, these guys truly are incredible. With possibly the fastest guitar playing I have ever heard. I am soooo going to see them in Bristle in December. Twill be mighty.

Anyone else heard of them/love them/hate them?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was loaned an album by one of my mates.

They're hilariously over blown but they know it, which makes it all the funnier. I couldn't sit through the entire album and I doubt I'd enjoy a live gig but they are tongue in cheek widdle rock at it's finest.
  • Options
    That's the thing that I found about Lordi. It's crap until you realise that it is in fact a big joke and it's not remotely serious. At which point, you get the joke and you get the music.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    That's the thing that I found about Lordi. It's crap until you realise that it is in fact a big joke and it's not remotely serious. At which point, you get the joke and you get the music.

Exactally, it's like GWAR again, but a bit more media-friendly.

Dragonforce are alright, they are a one-trick pony though. They're good, don't get me wrong, but thats it... they are fucking fast as fuck though.

Doubt I could be arsed with a whole gig.

Might go see Zyklon live though, they're going to Colchester...
  • Options
    :hyper:
  • Options
    .....through the fire and the flames we carry ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon....

*ahem*
  • Options
    solo on Through the fire and flames FTW.
  • Options
    Ha yeah I LOVE Dragonforce...but be warned..I went to one of their gigs and it was kinda scary...like geeks with big fake swords and people wearing chainmail. You can't take them too seriously but they deserve ultimate respect for supersonic fast guitar playing.
  • Options
    I dont own any metal albums.

except... inhuman rampage :hyper:

fucking awesome, silly speeding power metal... I :heart: dragon force, you cant fault a band inspired by 80's video game music really :P

although the last song on the album, the power ballad, sucks!
  • Options
    Probably the fastest shredding I have ever heard. Their guitarist Herman Li won Shredder of the Year off Zakk Wylde which is nice.

This video is so funny. It's Herman doing all the weird songs that appear in DF songs. Some of it is quite incredible, the motorbike is my favourite.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    There was a bit of a Dragonforce appreciation thread here a while ago in case you're interested.
  • Options
    the guitar duel in "my spirit will go on" is just immense, i was like :crazyeyes
  • Options
    They are touring towards the end of the year.

I'm going to see them in Cardiff.:hyper: