Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Junk mail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Clicky

Good for him, although it's a shame he has been suspended etc.

I hate getting junk mail. Can you think of any instance where junk mail is a good thing? It would be great if it were al banned!

Comments

• Options
    Poor chap. I bet he doesn't regret it though. He did the right thing. Shame on the Royal Mail for suspending him, but as this has been on the bbc website I can't see him being suspended for long. Royal Mail need to keep up their good public image.
  • Options
    Well i think good on the post man but like it said royal mail get paid to do this from people who want to advertise or other post companys will so you can see Royal mails reason

This is a funny idea have 2 boxs for your post

Addressed Mail - Junk mail

and the mail man simpley puts the junk mail into the junk mail box and you empty it out once a week!:D
  • Options
    Oh bless him! People can't do right for doing wrong (and vice versa)
  • Options
  • Options
    i do feel sorry for that poor postman
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Well i think good on the post man but like it said royal mail get paid to do this from people who want to advertise or other post companys will so you can see Royal mails reason

This is a funny idea have 2 boxs for your post

Addressed Mail - Junk mail

and the mail man simpley puts the junk mail into the junk mail box and you empty it out once a week!:D

How would they know whats junk and whats not though? My cc bill and bank statements look cleverly like junk mail. Tricky bastards.

Poor mailman though, only trying to be nice :(
  • Options
    There is a better way of combating it.

You know those freepost envelopes? Fill them with rocks and send them back. Works a treat :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Oh bless him! People can't do right for doing wrong (and vice versa)

The guy is a hero, hopefully more will follow his example...

Junk mail is only good for lighting fires.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So now they fire you if you inform people of something that the company you work for can do... Interesting.
  • Options
    Indeed. If what he was telling people was the postal equivalent of the TPS (telephone preference service) their reaction has been a bit severe.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There is a better way of combating it.

You know those freepost envelopes? Fill them with rocks and send them back. Works a treat :thumb:

I would wait until I receive an A4 freepost envelope and then stuff it with other junk mail I had received that week.
  • Options
    Gav wrote:
    Poor chap. I bet he doesn't regret it though. He did the right thing. Shame on the Royal Mail for suspending him, but as this has been on the bbc website I can't see him being suspended for long. Royal Mail need to keep up their good public image.

Agreed,

I don't think the Royal Mail (are they still called consignia??) would keep him suspended after all the attention it's got.

I like the way that now that business guy on bbc breakfast has broadcast the e-mail address to the nation the service to opt out has gone down!

hmmmmm! :yeees:
  • Options
    Saw this in the paper today & apparently it's all a con - if you choose to opt out of junk mail, apparently official government stuff is included in that. [insert snarky comments about anything sent by the government being junk here] And according to Royal Mail it's all or nothing - either you opt out of junk mail & risk missing something that might actually be important, or put up with it. Which is total bollocks IMO.

On the subject of revenge tricks for junk mail, one I read was to fill the envelope with loose glitter, so when they open the envelope the stuff goes everywhere. And anyone who's worn glitter knows what a bitch that is to clean up - you wear glitter on a night out & you're still finding random bits all over the place no matter how you try to clean up.
  • Options
    Glitter isn't fair on the underpaid skivvies who work in the post rooms of these places though. It's not their fault, and I'd rather they were working there than scrounging on the dole.