Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nokia N70

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I brought a Nokia N70 off ebay used and im not overall happy with it.

It was in offline mode when i got it and i didnt have a clue on how to get it to work - although i did in the end next problem i cant even get the front cover off and have no clue.

Next problem when i try to phone my number it says calls are not being accepted to this number and when i try to make a phone call from the phone it just comes up disconnected and does that beep noise as to say you've dialed a wrong number ( when in fact i havent!!! )

There is no manual no proper box or anything all i have is 2 cases 64mb MMC and the phone its self along with a leather case.

Now i've emailed him saying bla bla contact me asap. im thinking whether to return it and get my money and buy a BRAND NEW ONE for £165.00 Incl. P&P

I brought this phone all together for £145.00

Comments

• Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I brought a Nokia N70 off ebay used and im not overall happy with it.

It was in offline mode when i got it and i didnt have a clue on how to get it to work - although i did in the end next problem i cant even get the front cover off and have no clue.

Next problem when i try to phone my number it says calls are not being accepted to this number and when i try to make a phone call from the phone it just comes up disconnected and does that beep noise as to say you've dialed a wrong number ( when in fact i havent!!! )

There is no manual no proper box or anything all i have is 2 cases 64mb MMC and the phone its self along with a leather case.

Now i've emailed him saying bla bla contact me asap. im thinking whether to return it and get my money and buy a BRAND NEW ONE for £165.00 Incl. P&P

I brought this phone all together for £145.00

Get a refund and then buy a new one from a reputable place.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Get a refund and then buy a new one from a reputable place.

I was thinking about a refund and getting a new one.

But how would i go about getting a refund?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I was thinking about a refund and getting a new one.

But how would i go about getting a refund?

Did the listing state that there was no manual or box?
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    What was the sellers refund policy, ie do they have one?
  • Options
    O god didnt even think about it, hes very open i.e if theres any problems contact me ect so like i've said ive contacted him and ill check the "policy" now
  • Options
    Well heres the product

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190022315804&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Seller's payment instructions
    If for any reason you are not happy with the product or service you recieve please contact me BEFORE leaving negative feedback and I will be more than happy to assist you in any way I can.
  • Options
    Best bet is just to speak to him about it
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Best bet is just to speak to him about it

Yeah thing is i think he might be at work...

But as soon as hes back ill contact him
  • Options
    Have you had a look at the Nokia website or taken it somewhere like Carphone Warehouse to see if they know what's wrong?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Have you had a look at the Nokia website or taken it somewhere like Carphone Warehouse to see if they know what's wrong?

Nope... besides its sluggish aswell - ive made my mind up im going to get my money back and buy a brand new one.
  • Options
    If you need to, you can download the user manual here: http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,81740,00.html
  • Options
    Na its okay i plan to return full stop and buy a brand new one for £15 pound more
  • Options
    What I don't understand is that you don't seem that happy with the phone as a whole and yet are willing to put down over 150 notes for a new one? Why not just get a completely different phone?
  • Options
    I do like the N70 but this one i've used my mates N70 and it was alot faster and just seamed better Hers was Brand spanking new - This N70 that i have is slow, and i rushed into buying it with out thinking it all the way through.

I was going to get the N80 but its too much

But in general I do like the Nokia N70 But not this one.
  • Options
    the seller doesn't HAVE to give a refund though, do they?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I do like the N70 but this one i've used my mates N70 and it was alot faster and just seamed better Hers was Brand spanking new - This N70 that i have is slow, and i rushed into buying it with out thinking it all the way through.

I was going to get the N80 but its too much

But in general I do like the Nokia N70 But not this one.

but think about why its slow. Because its used. Which means even if you buy a new one, after a while it could end up equally as slow.

And i doubt you will get a refund easily.
  • Options
    Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Does the phone come boxed please? Thanks Peter.
    24-Aug-06
    A: hiya peter, thanks for the mail and interest in the phone. Im afraid to say it dosent come with the original nokia box. When i bought it from an exchange shop they only gave me the phone and a charger

So its 3rd hand mabye even 4th!
  • Options
    If someone loses a phone and they have the IMEI code they can stop all calls into and out of the phone . isnt that your problem? ive read about probles with calls before , check nokia's website for help . If not , im sure he will be more than happy to give you a refund . Ive done it on ebay before with faulty items.

Good look with the new phone, if your not worried about losing anything that comes with the phone i.e. Pictures Games . then you could try a master reset and clear . ONLY DO IT IF YOU GET EVERYTHING ELSE WORKING. they might not be too happy if they get it back and half the stuff that was on it has gone!
  • Options
    To be honest this is why I wouldn't buy a phone from Ebay. It's probably dodgy as hell.

Good luck getting a refund. Otherwise it could maybe be the firmware that needs an update?
  • Options
    As I understand this phone is impossible to get UNLOCKED from anyone other than the network provider themselves. They themselves are rather unkeen to do it and ive read on eBay of them charging up to 100 pounds to do it! As a result I believe this is quite a reasonable price I have set the phone at taking all this into consideration.
    ...i think you've fucked it mate, cant see the seller giving a refund for the reasons you've mentioned when they've put this is in the listing
  • Options
    Good news everyone Im going to be getting a refund in about 7 days once the money has been transfured from his bank account to Paypal.

I have brought a BRAND NEW PERFECT Nokia N70 and for £165 Incld P&P