Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

TRUSTING A FRIEND...

I'd been best mates with this girl who used to go to my secondary school. She was Chinese and got bullied a lot, I had a scoliosis and I got bullied a lot too. Despite this, we stuck with each other through thick and thin. We told each other secrets and helped each other through life, she was the friend I always wanted, a friend who'd stick by me through thick and thin...

When we began college we were both a little nervous, but we made friends pretty quickly. It wasn't long until she got a boyfriend and I felt pushed away. I guess I accepted it, after all, we're friends forever, right?

Anyway, her parents didn't like her new boyfriend and she ended up running away to live with him. Her parents were phoning me up constantly, asking me if she'd been having sex and if I'd talk her into comming back.

Anyway, if you're a regular poster on this site, you'll know that I tried to kill myself in September and ended up on a hospital ward with a heroine addict.

I couldn't stand to live anymore, every time I arranged to meet my mate she made an excuse (she was seeing one of her two lads) and she only phoned me to: A - brag about her sexual experiences or B- ask for my support because she'd fucked up doing something with some bloke.

It sounds harsh of me, doesn't it. Everyone gets excited when they meet a guy and (bless her cotton thongs) she told me "don't worry, not all guys go for looks".

When I told her I really liked this guy, she flirted with him in front of me. She stroked his hair and hugged him, looking at me slyly through the corner of her eye.

When I was in hospital, she stayed for 5 minutes and brought this bloke along who was so pissed, I'm surprised he wasn't stopped by security. She ended up leaving because she had to see her boyfriend. Even her parents stayed there longer than she did/ It really upset me because when she was in hospital I stayed the whole day and bought her loadsa pressies.

After she'd done her best to keep anything with a dick away from me, she told me that she was bisexual and fancied me.

All she's done since she came to college was patronise me and make me feel awful about myself (I won't write anymore because it'll be too long). My mum doesn't like her phoning the house and none of my real friends like her because they say she takes advantage of my friendliness.

I had a row with her and in the end, I told her that I didn't need her ruining my life anymore.

I haven't seen her since and I don't know when I'll see her again. I thought she was my friend for life.
I won't trust anyone for a long time now.
Thanks for your time.
OPEN YOUR MIND...

[This message has been edited by ~*LIBERTY*~ (edited 11-11-2000).]
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A yahoo ID? my Email for yahoo is
    spanneronthemoon@yahoo.co.uk
  • Options
    Hey liberty, im really sorry to hear that but I no just how u feel. There is probabley one person in my life who I can say is a true friend, the rest r just associates really. Its hard when u see someones true colours and I find that it often takes something drastic (like going into hospital) to happen for you to realise who your real friends are. Thats what it was like for me anyway.
    Ive learnt that the only true friend u can have in life is yourself, and thats pretty sad isnt it!?
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel, Liberty and lolly. I thought I had a load of very good friends, but over summer I found out a lot about myself and my friends. When my parents got divorced, I was forced to look elsewhere (instead of my parents) for emotional support. And I found it in the most unlikely places. But even now, I'm amazingly insecure about people I know. I have a couple of true friends, but even them I'm no longer completely open with.

I've found out recently that friends have lied to me - only about fairly small things, but I pride myself on never - ever! - lying to people. So I get very hurt when other people lie to me. And basically I'm always worried about who my friends really, really are.

Summary: I can empathise.