Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Open fly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you share with people when they have something wrong? Like an open fly, store tags still on, booger hanging from the nose, skirt tucked into the panties after a trip to the bathroom?

Not to be a perv, I'll answer my own question. I do if I know the person. Unless I want to have a laugh at their expense. I hate wandering around with an open zipper so I'm kind to others :p I ask, I came to work today with the size sticker still on my zip up hoodie. My desk neighbor was kind enough to tell me so I didn't let the *whole* buliding know that I'm an
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
all the way down my chest :p It was very nice of her.

Comments

• Options
    I always do if I know them well enough, if not I'll drop a subtle hint. I'd hate to be not told if it were me.
  • Options
    today at work a customer at the till opposite me had her top on inside out so i told her. she'd been at work all morning and noone told her! you could only tell because of the tag.

so yeh i do tell people. :)
  • Options
    yeah, most of the time... once I did not. I was driving the ambulance with a friend and you should always make a good impression as paramedic, and he had the biggest spinach piece in his teeth from his pizza popeye.

It was hilarious.

with girls I am not so sure. It sounds to be a bit embarrassing for me, if I tell a girl she has a booger dangling in and out while breathing on her nose. I will just ask "do you mind?" and pick her nose with my index, or not.
  • Options
    Guy sitting at lunch today talking about this totally shocking murder, middle of a really serious conversation and that.

"Mate, you've cream off your doughnut all round your mouth"

*wipe*

Guess you had to be there, but it gave me a cheeky wee grin so it did :yes:
  • Options
    I do if it's like tags and shit, but I feel bad when it's bogies ;o.

I do, however, once I've noticed, keep staring at it cause I can't keep my eyes off it even though it disgusts me.
  • Options
    Only if I like them.

Does that make me a bad person?

Actually, don't answer that. I don't care.
  • Options
    I do if its a tag or a label sticking out, but like franki, i dont say anything if its a boogie or a spot that you can see they have squezzed till it bleeds. I just feel embarressed and embarressed for them
  • Options
    i only tell them if i know them

otherwise i just laugh quietly to myself and let them go their way
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I always do if it's someone I know, about anything. Even with strangers I think I would, but it's not often I can see.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Do you share with people when they have something wrong? Like an open fly, store tags still on, booger hanging from the nose, skirt tucked into the panties after a trip to the bathroom?

Only if they are embarassing me. :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I always do if I know them well enough, if not I'll drop a subtle hint. I'd hate to be not told if it were me.

Same.

Although sometimes if my fly is undone and someone says I'll just say "Yeah, I like it that way" to scare them. :p
  • Options
    Well rememebr, don't bother if it's a chav, cos leaving on the price tags is the latest "in" thing, stupid feckers...
  • Options
    funny thread.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I do if its a tag or a label sticking out, but like franki, i dont say anything if its a boogie or a spot that you can see they have squezzed till it bleeds. I just feel embarressed and embarressed for them
    I normally inform them they have a huuuuuuuuge spot, with lots of puss etc.

Becuase I'm mean :(
  • Options
    I would only tell the person if I knew them. I even tell them if they have 'bogies' by saying 'wipe your nose' (Not in a mean way!)
  • Options
    I sometimes scratch my face subconsciously and make it bleed so I prefer people to tell me.

But generally I won't tell people unless I know them. I'd never tell a customer at work or owt.
  • Options
    Depends. I'll say if I know someone. If it's a stranger it depends - I won't go out of my way to tell someone, & if it's something real minor (like a label sticking out of the neck of a t-shirt I probably won't say cos some people don't care & will be like "Why are you telling me this?"). If it's something relatively serious like a bag hanging open I'll tell them, cos something could fall out, & the sooner they find out the less chance of losing stuff, & the less they have to backtrack to find any missing stuff.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd tell pretty much anyone if they had a snotty nose, stuff in their teeth etc or just say "you're flying low, mate" if their fly is undone.

I would want to know if the roles were reversed, and I think the embarrassment of being told [discreetly] is far less than continuing to walk around in that way.