Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Swollen Glands on one side

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since saturday I've had a swollen gland on the left side of my neck - I don't feel ill in any way and as far as I know I don't have any infections. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Comments

• Options
    Its a virus.
  • Options
    Maybe go to a doctor.
  • Options
    Wouldn't have thought it's a virus, I've had this since friday and I don't feel ill at all. Just phoned NHS direct and they say it doesn't seem like anything major but they've reccommended I see my doc tomorrow.
  • Options
    I had it before, the symptoms may not kick in for a while. But swollen glands is a symptom if a virus.
  • Options
    Lots of things can cause swollen glands, most of them pretty harmless. If you feel ok otherwise, I'd just keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't go down in a few weeks, go and see your doctor.
  • Options
    It means your body is fighting an infection, you might not feel it but the gland is swelling to produce lots of good white blood cells.

I get this every now and then, my GP just said that unless its there all the time its nothing to worry about. It actually means you have a good immune system.