Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can a tampon string fall out?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Stupid question, I know. I thought not. But I went to go "change" tonight and there was nothing there. I know I took it out this morning after sleep but tbh, its a week day so I was tired and hungover and I can't guarantee if I put another in, but there was nothing there tonight and that shocked me. So can the string come off? How do I know if its still up there? I gave a good feel around, but tbh, thats the first time I've felt so I don't know how I am supposed to feel vs a used tampon. I put another one in, but a tampon is nowhere near a penis so I'm sure I could fit at least 3 tampons in there :p

Comments

• Options
    http://www.tampax.co.uk/questionsanswers2.php?topic=3&page=1&id=6

According to this (if the link works),
    This is really unlikely! But on the small chance that it does break, it's usually pretty easy to reach the tampon with your fingers. Wash your hands and squat down or use the same position you used to comfortably insert the tampon to remove it. If you really can't do it yourself, you should see your doctor as soon as possible and definitely on THE SAME DAY. A tampon should never be left in more than 8 hours.

Any help?
  • Options
    Slightly off topic, but to do with tampons. When i was living in France and dating a French guy, we went past this big neon sign, with the word 'tampons' and a big arrow pointing at the shop. I asked him what a tampon was and he said a tampon, the kind women use. I thought to myself, surely not. A great big neon sign advertising tampons ? So went to this shop a few days later. It was a stationers and tampon is also the French word for a rubber stamp :D:D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Slightly off topic, but to do with tampons. When i was living in France and dating a French guy, we went past this big neon sign, with the word 'tampons' and a big arrow pointing at the shop. I asked him what a tampon was and he said a tampon, the kind women use. I thought to myself, surely not. A great big neon sign advertising tampons ? So went to this shop a few days later. It was a stationers and tampon is also the French word for a rubber stamp :D:D

:lol:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:

Makes me giggle. I order lots of stamps at work and they always say tampon on them. hehe.

P.S. I think this is the most embaressing thread I've ever done. I really shouldn't have had that last drink Oh the shame :o If any mod wants to delete, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
  • Options
    If you can't feel the end of it I very, very much doubt there's one in there, it can only go so far. You shouldn't have to search to find a tampon inside you, it's just right there.
    You could always try putting another one in and see if anything stops it. If it goes in as normal, you're alright.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Makes me giggle. I order lots of stamps at work and they always say tampon on them. hehe.

P.S. I think this is the most embaressing thread I've ever done. I really shouldn't have had that last drink Oh the shame :o If any mod wants to delete, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
    I once woke up with a hang-over and a tampon inside me with its wrapper and applicator still on (at least I remembered it was my period when going to bed).
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I once woke up with a hang-over and a tampon inside me with its wrapper and applicator still on (at least I remembered it was my period when going to bed).

• Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

• Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Lol. That's the type of thing I'd do