Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone out there tell me why part of me wants to keep searching for a mate, and a bigger part of me says you have enough going on and don't need the stress of a relationship right now. If any of you read my post in the drug section you know what I mean. What I can't figure out is do I just like the chase? Because when I finally do get some attention I back off??? P.S. You are the BEST in the UK! Any room there for this USA gal?
Thanks,
Sue
jn26@mindspring.com

Comments

• Options
    ha ha - J9J9 you're too funny.
    My theory is that society, the media whatever has made us believe that we can't be happy unless we're with someone. The romantic relationship is so idealized that we're made to feel incomplete if we don't have it.
    Not saying that's your problem but it could be part of it.
  • Options
    Perhaps you are feeling the strain from other parts of your life that are very worrying and stressful at the moment, and it makes you feel a bit alone and you want to lean on a partner for support. Maybe you wish you were already in a stable relationship? But that can take time to get right, and you already know that...
  • Options
    Hey, i know what you mean, i'm the same, i really feel like i want to be with someone, but when someone wants to be with me a run a mile. All i can say is that i agree with trancegirl about this 'idealistic' world, it's s**t. In my experience, it's like you can only feel complete with someone else, like your worth something, when that's obviously not true, so when someone comes along and you realise, they're not what you want it just mucks you up again! O my God, i've started to babble...all i can say is that just remember how much you are worth and you're a fine person just as you are!!

"some rarely touch it but it touches them often." Stanley, Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams