Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Webcam Mic Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello!

My mother (about an hour ago in fact!) bought me and her a pair of webcams. Hers has worked fine - we've been trying them out through msn and we can do plain webcam. Bu these have mics so we tried video calls - her audio and mic work fine. On trying to set mine up I got past the first test where the bar moves up and down indicating it's picking up, but the next audio one where you speak and there is another moving bar - it screeches loudly and constantly at me. It picks up my voice which is really echoey but not clear over the loud loud sounds! When I look at the volume controlls - the loud sound goes when I moved the 'wave' one. But only completely goes when it's mute and of course means there is no sound on the computer at all.

It's a mikomi M6216. Help anyone?

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Erm... if you have tried tweaking the sound and still has no effect then try uninstalling the lot, re-install all the drivers and software and re-configure from the start. If this still does not work chances are there could be a problem with the product its self so i would take it back.

Have you tried the cam not working on a different machine?
  • Options
    I haven't, no. But I'll try re-installing the software and driver stuff thank you :)
  • Options
    A lot of microphone inputs have a +20db boost feature - possibly this is enabled, and isn't required?
  • Options
    Switch it with your mums...:naughty:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Switch it with your mums...:naughty:

Lol thats so mean!

I've reinstalled it and its still doing it :grump:

The audio settings in the tool menu of msn picks up the mic fine and says it's fine.
    What I've noticed is I go to sounds and audio devices ----> voice
    > voice recording ----> test hardware. The first phase works fine, the second phases screeches. If I remove the usb webcam during this screeching, it all stops. I try move it around. It seems really sensitive but I can't really do a lot about that? I'm I going about it the wrong way? Do I need to be touching the voice recording options. It was something I read in the instruction booklet so that's why I did it. I dunno! I know I should probably try it on me mums/thief hers to test it! Thank you for feedback so far :)
  • Options
    It's a mikomi M6216. Help anyone?

That doesn't even come up on Google - sure you spelt it right?

Could be certain ports blocked I'd try it with Skype as it uses port 80 - may just detect the presence of mics to allow talking.
  • Options
    http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Category=100044&Part=M6216

Cheap shite. Forget about finding support for it online :).