Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

worldwide tv channels

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been looking at this http://www.tvexe.com/ and it looks quite interesting.
What do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Good shizzle mate, nice find. Not heard of it before :thumb:
  • Options
    im thinking of purchasing the full version. Aparently you can watch nbc and other us channels. im a bit wary though as the source for this info is from the site selling the product..
  • Options
    Im going to see if there is a version to download on torrents. Most probably is although its likely to have fuck all seeders. I will PM you if i do find it :D
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    dont work for me, if i click a channel it gives me an option to debug, if i press no it takes me to the cia world fact book.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    DO NOT PAY MONEY FOR IT.

It isn't worth it - torrent it, see what you think. If you like it enough, pay for it. I must say though... I wasn't too chuffed - it isn't "real" tv. It's pre-recorded stuff. That is availible for free anyway... radio is.. webcams are... meh.
  • Options
    Its not pre-recorded, most of it is live i have checked
  • Options
    winamp does similar tv stations for free.
  • Options
    Do you need a TV licence?
  • Options
    Do you need a TV licence?

No not as long as your using a computer, at least i think so anyway.

Winamp does have similar stations however they are a bit of a bitch to connect to them as there are so many users on that network.
  • Options
    Might be useful at university. However, on my internet connection at home trying to connect to BBC feeds crashes the internet resulting in the need for both the cable modem and router being reset. I think the program just connects to live feeds that are already available on the net tbh.
  • Options
    I think you will find this just a little bit interesting then :)

Click me for free worldwide tv !
  • Options
    Most of the winamp channels are being shut down by the MPAA at the moment aren't they - I know ess is gone and the only one left around is broadcasting nothing but Manga and UK tv.
  • Options
    Just took a look at the op's link - to be fair, live the stations may be, but everything I can find is available live already on the internet - so it just looks like a skin over the top of other people's streams - given that, I'd be very dubious that major channels are available through it. The reality is that most major channels are investing in dedicated servers - like abc.com or the planned BBC archive. Since there aren't any direct live services available - there isn't anything this service could be showing - outside of some kind of adult channels.

Great idea, but license laws are never going to allowing major US/UK channels to be shown live around the world through some tiny 3rd party service.