Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pre-Menstural bloating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there

GIrlies, do you suffer from pre-menstural bloating? My stomach feels like a football and my clothes are tighter!! (nope, not gaining weight!)

Any suggestions as to how to get rid? I drink loadsa water, exercise 5 times a week and have a healty diet!!

Help!

Comments

• Options
    You could try & increase your fibre intake to relieve the bloating.

Edit: I am a man. :)
  • Options
    You could try Aquaban, which relives any excess water your body is carrying. About £2.50 from Tesco :)
  • Options
    As nic says there's aquaban and some other of them things you can buy that you take upto your period to reduce water retention. I doubt drinking more water will help though as you're holding in more water which is the problem anyway. You can put up to about half a stone on in water when you're on so it's no wonder your clothes will feel alot tighter and uncomfortable really. But either way, it's natural.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    You could try & increase your fibre intake to relieve the bloating.

Edit: I am a man. :)

increasing fibre can actually cause bloating in many.

to the op: I often get bloated before mine too, i havent tried doing anything about it though. If you want to try the fibre thing do it slowly or you could make it worse.
    Also, try cutting out caffiene, alcohol and too much sugar, cut down unhealthy fatty snacks- these in themselves can cause bloating
    Gentle regular exercise is supposed to help.
    And ive heard good things about evening primrose oil