Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hairstyles etc

Ok, so it is my 21st party on Saturday night and I obviously have to look a million times better than everyone else there :p but am stumped by hairstyles. I usually have it down, in Heidi braids like a five year old or in a ponytail as it is long and straight and curls etc won't stay in for love nor money. I would love to have it curly but tongs take three hours and, like I said, don't stay in very long. I've tried ragging/twisting and pinning it overnight but it turns into a crazy mess rather than nice curlylocks. Would it be very wrong to crimp it? My style guru says YES, but I quite like looking like an 80s throw-back (throw-up?).

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know if such a thing exists as "hipster" or lower-rise tights, as I can't be getting on with them coming right up to my tits just at the minute and if I wear a smaller size so they don't come up high they dig in, look shite and are a bit ouch. Bare legs are not an option as it is on a boat and will probably get a bit nippy knowing the weather here... and also taking into account the rest of my outfit, my overall look would then be "complete whore" :thumb:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you can get low-rise tights... try Debenhams?

You look so fit with your hair down that I can't think of another suggestion. :p I'll have a think at work today... and I'll have another reply later.

Also, what is this on a boat? Where is MY invite?! ;) I'm going on a cruise to the Dam for my 21st in October, can't wait. :D
  • Options
    I think you can get low-rise tights... try Debenhams?

You look so fit with your hair down that I can't think of another suggestion. :p I'll have a think at work today... and I'll have another reply later.

Also, what is this on a boat? Where is MY invite?! ;) I'm going on a cruise to the Dam for my 21st in October, can't wait. :D

I'll have a look in Debenhams then, I knew they must exist as I can't be the only person who doesn't like belly-warmer tights at the best of times :impissed:

I kind of wanted a hair"style" since I never have one, but I think my hair's too long to do anything with it, grr. Maybe just having it down is the answer, as I'd love to have it curly but don't want to be a hairspray-helmet-head.

Get your arse up to Newcastle this weekend you'd be more than welcome... keep a can of Special Brew cold for ya :p But yeah, we've hired a boat on the Tyne, got a mate DJing and I am most excited :hyper:
  • Options
    you can definitely get hipster tights in river island. ive seen them in there but never tried them on so dont know how low they are.
    You could try hold ups maybe depending on how short your skirt is, and they would have the added bonus of you could still use them once you start getting fat too!!
  • Options
    by the way. I think crimping can look cool, although dont try and look like toyah. It would depend how you did it and what you wore with it, as to whether you could carry it off.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'll have a look in Debenhams then, I knew they must exist as I can't be the only person who doesn't like belly-warmer tights at the best of times :impissed:

I kind of wanted a hair"style" since I never have one, but I think my hair's too long to do anything with it, grr. Maybe just having it down is the answer, as I'd love to have it curly but don't want to be a hairspray-helmet-head.

Get your arse up to Newcastle this weekend you'd be more than welcome... keep a can of Special Brew cold for ya :p But yeah, we've hired a boat on the Tyne, got a mate DJing and I am most excited :hyper:

Sounds amazing! I want to see pictures :D I'll be sipping some Special Brew in Manchester for you, hopefully on the park for full authenticity. :D
  • Options
    what an earth are heidi braids?
  • Options
    Are you really only 21 Briggi. I thought you were older. Well about my age anyway.

Why don't you do this sort of thing with your hair:

um can't find a pic as I'm at work and it's so slow but you get sections, say 6, twist them around and then pin them on the top of your head. It's like half up half down, stick loads of hair spray on, it looks nice on long hair.
  • Options
    I'm 20 for another week, woo! Clinging onto my youth etc. I'm not sure I understand what kind of thing you're on about... do you mean twists on the top of the head and the bottom section of hair down? Wouldn't that make the hair that was hanging down look a bit limp? Take note, I am unbelievably shit with hair.

Blah, this is the kind of thing I was talking about:

DtClassAm.jpg

Ever since I discovered how to do it to myself I've been doing it all the time, I lurve plaits :heart: I might still crimp though, I've had the same set of crimpers since I was 3 years old and they've never let me down... no one's ever said it looked shit except my ex, and he knows nothing about anything (least of all, looking good :lol: ).

Am dragging myself shopping tomorrow so will go into RI and Debenhams, hold ups aren't an option as my dress is pretty damn short. Where is my modesty, eh ;)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Am dragging myself shopping tomorrow so will go into RI and Debenhams, hold ups aren't an option as my dress is pretty damn short. Where is my modesty, eh ;)

you need some pretty polly link ups :) they rule.

linkupas40.jpg

ah ok i get what you mean with the heidi braids now!!

i think crimping could look ok but not if it goes fuzzy. put serum on first? you could mix it up a bit and have some random loose thin plaits and be a hippy :cool:
  • Options
    Im working and i am very sad i will be missing brigets 21st birthday :crying:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Sounds like you are going to look PRETTY DAMN SEXY. Let me be the first to demand that you post pics afterwards please, for the titillation of thesite males (and let's face it, some of the females too :flirt: )

Well, I do try! There'll be no stopping me photo-whoring I'm sure :p

Blah those stockings look like they might be alright, actually, I shall have a gander at them tomorrow I reckon! Cheers, love.

Gareth, spell my name right in future or it'll be the worse for you! :yes: :razz:
  • Options
    Cant you put those rolls in you hair?
  • Options
    What rolls? I'm confused :p
  • Options
    You no those kind of heating rolls that you put in your hair it gives it a bounce lol sorry i didnt make it clear enough:p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    What rolls? I'm confused :p
    Warburton's.
  • Options
    Warburton's.

Yummmm the ready sliced ones :yum: (am pretty sure they're Warburtons)