Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

external hard drive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could someone/people recommend to me some reliable decent not-overly expensive [£100 max] external harddrives please.

It's not that i'm lazy and havent looked around online it's more than i havent got the foggiest about external HD's and could do with a well informed or experienced users opinion and/or advise.

Thank you very much :)

Comments

• Options
    What size do you want? They do them on www.overclockers.co.uk
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    What size do you want?

Haven't girls been saying for years size doesn't matter ? Or does it and you have a good laugh behind our backs ? :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Haven't girls been saying for years size doesn't matter ? Or does it and you have a good laugh behind our backs ? :D

:p
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:

:lol:

Remember people Ebay is our friend :naughty:

I feel like one of those hippies going around Love is happyness and the grass is gold Or something along those lines...
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Could someone/people recommend to me some reliable decent not-overly expensive [£100 max] external harddrives please.

It's not that i'm lazy and havent looked around online it's more than i havent got the foggiest about external HD's and could do with a well informed or experienced users opinion and/or advise.

Thank you very much :)

I've got about 6 external Hard Drive - every one is different

got 2 2.5 inch drives and Four 3.5 inch drives

Most were DIY ones where you buy a case for about £25 to £35 and put in your own drive - however overall the best so far was the Western Digital ones - quiet, they spin down when not in use, they stay cool at all times, and the come with software that allows you to turn off the drives in software which is useful.

Most of my drives if you used on a PC and the PC shut down the drives would keep on spinning which is annoying. Say for example you want to encode a DVD over night which may take 3 or 4 hours and then have the PC turn off, you'd want the External drive to turn off as well or at the least stop spinning all night long - very few did.

I paid £65 for a 250GB WD USB 2 Drive but think that was just a very good offer.