Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sunburnt scalp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
while i was on holiday in spain, i had those platts put in tight to my head. inbetween the platts, i got sunburnt. ive taken them out now, but my scalp had started peeling. its really itchy as well. does anyone know anything i could put on it?

Comments

• Options
    Could try head & shoulders to rehydrate the scalp.
  • Options
    Nice creamy conditioner.

It'll stop peeling of it's own accord quite soon though, just like normal sunburn would.

For future reference, badannas are the way forward!
  • Options
    i burnt my scalp and when it peeled i looked like i had dandruff. :grump:
  • Options
    i burnt my scalp and when it peeled i looked like i had dandruff. :grump:

yeh me too, ive been wearing my hat all day

one of my friends says he suffers with bad ecsma(sp?) on his scalp and has been told to use olive oil overnight, mite try it, ya never no
  • Options
    For future reference, badannas are the way forward!

Or sun cream on your parting(s)! I burnt my scalp once, and that was enough to never forget to dab a spot of the old factor 30 on my bonce.
  • Options
    I HATE having a sunburnt head. Since I burnt it when I was 14, I always try to cover my head with a hat or bandana when I'm in the sun, at the very least put my hair up without a parting.

This isn't helping since the damage is already done...

Aftersun, moisturiser etc will probably help. Last time I burnt it, I tied it up in the morning and covered the dandruffy looking bits, and didn't touch my head all day so that I didn't disturb it!