Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hunt for the bikini

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone watch the show on C4 hosted by the Kidd ladies? Anyone find it useful? I kind of did, though the advce was sort of basic and common sense, like for pear shapes don't wear string bikinis etc.

Bikini shopping is soooo hard :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    i thought it was a load of crap!!

string tie side bottoms are the most flattering for pear shapes, and then a halterneck on top because it makes shoulders look broader and helps with a small bust.

Im right, and that programme is wrong :p according to that programme im an hourglass!! which im so not.
  • Options
    I'd love it if shop assistants actually knew their arses from elbows when I ask them their opinions on body shape...I can't really measure myself with dad's tape measurer from the shed! I think I'm pear shaped coz I've got a podge, the wee bastard
  • Options
    Why was this show aired right at the end of the summer?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

Maybe it was to inspire all of us self concious women that the next bathing suit season is just 9 months away so get running or biking :p
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I think it is because lots of people go to foreign warmer climes when our summer starts to wane. That would be my guess anyway...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I think it is because lots of people go to foreign warmer climes when our summer starts to wane. That would be my guess anyway...
    That makes sense but the shops in this country are already ditching their bikinis in favour of winter clothes!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

I thought it was a bit pointless as well, all they pointed out was the obvious.
  • Options
    I love it how they never mentioned 'apple shapes'. I know bikinis are not that great for apple shapes but they did state that 'every woman should own a bikini' and that they could give advice on bikinis for all shapes. Pretty crap programme really, but yes, I did sit and watch it all!