Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Parking at the airport

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
As a general rule, would you leave your car at the airport for a weekend or more? I know nobody would want to take my car, I'd leave it with an empty tank of gas, therefore reducing the cost of the car by half, but still. I'm scared. And are the more expensive areas to park in safer than the others? Why is one area $30 a day while another is $9? Is the cheap one scary? Whats your opinions, experiences and such?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    the differences in cost (in england at least) normally come down to the length of time you wish to stay, we have short stay, medium stay and long stay car parks at our airports and its pretty tight with security so you'd be pretty safe leaving your car there for any amount of time. dunno about the other side of the pond though..
  • Options
    Normally you cant leave those places without a ticket detailing your car, and there is CCTV everywhere.

So, if someone was going to go to the bother of stealing a car from there then it would be flash one, taken by professionals.
  • Options
    its normally about £40 a week over here, most car parks are manned 24hrs and cant leave without paying up first etc...

i generally leave the car at the airport either on their carpark or one of the private ones, doesnt make much difference to me.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    As a general rule, would you leave your car at the airport for a weekend or more? I know nobody would want to take my car, I'd leave it with an empty tank of gas, therefore reducing the cost of the car by half, but still. I'm scared. And are the more expensive areas to park in safer than the others? Why is one area $30 a day while another is $9? Is the cheap one scary? Whats your opinions, experiences and such?

Yeah I would and have done - my friends are dead against having their cars at airports - bunch of girls .. :thumb:

If anything I reckon it's safer then parking it on the street, there's security camera's, barriers, etc, plus hundreds of others cars for a thief to choose from - all I'd say is empty your gove box and leave it open to showw any breakin thieves you've got nothing to steal inthe glove box.
  • Options
    Thanks. I know nobody would steal it, I just don't want to come back with a broken window and my napkins and pens stolen from the back seat :p

I've just never parked at the airport but cannot find a way up there from somebody else as its right in the middle of the day. Just wanted to be reassured I guess.

And if cheaper ment broken cameras in the area. It ranges from 9 a day to 30 a day. Though it just looks like the farther you go out, the cheaper it is. I can get the 9 a day but I think you park in the next state over. :p

Thank you :)