Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

guy at work acting like twat, does he fancy me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
/

Comments

• Options
    Even if he does fancy you, his behaviour is obviously pissing you off. I'd of reported him to my manager by now.
  • Options
    guys of 23 shouldn't act that way if they fancy someone, no! well not if they wanna get anywhere anyway.

before doing what rubberskin suggested (if you chose to), i'd suggest maybe having a word with himself beforehand and letting him know you don't appreciate his behaviour. it seems a bit harsh to go straight to management - he maybe doesn't realise he's being offensive. then perhaps see whether he stops. if he doesn't then by all means do something more drastic.
  • Options
    Yeah some guys do lol :D

I wouldn't report him tbh he's not exactly trying to be malicious is he, have a word though :thumb:

Do you fancy him?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    My boss reckons Mark doesn't have much experience with women and is insecure.
    he's probably never had a gf... and is there little wonder why...
  • Options
    Mmmm did come over a tad strong. Didn't intend for her to come up with some ultimatum to her boss 'Sack him or i'll eat all the chocolate biscuits' kinda thing :). She sounds like she's really had enough of his antics, whatever the reason, so maybe a talk to someone in HR, or a friend of his, to have a quiet word with him about it.
  • Options
    strange as it is i find it easier to be mean to someone i fancy until i know they like me!
    i wouldnt report him just yet, chat to him and see if you can break down the barriers. But if it is causing you serious offence, I'd first ask my boss to speak to him on unoffical terms. But if it continues then put in a complaint.
    That's just how I would handle things! Go on how you really feel.
    do u in term think you would like him if he wasnt acting like this? Work environments are not ideal for romance.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Do guys of 23 really act that way if they fancy someone? I just took it for granted that he didn't like me which was why he was acting so strangely.

Yeah, sometimes people do act like that. I find that I generally only take the piss with people I feel rather comfortable with - all my friends know that I'm like that. But we're like that to each other - it's all done with the nicest of intentions. :)

No idea if he's like that or not - just tell him that you aren't keen on how he acts around you. You might find he's a cracking bloke underneath - or maybe he's just a crackpot. Nobody knows until they dig under the surface a little :).
  • Options

Do you fancy him?

I'm not gonna report him, everyone knows all about it anyway as it's an open office. I give it back as good as I get but it's getting me down a bit now. I thought I fancied him for a bit but think it was just utter boredom, he aint my type at all, too stuck up and Southern. I don't get people who play games and act weird, if I like someone I just act friendly to them.
  • Options
    ah ha ha. That's so funny. Sorry.

I think he fancies you *whisper* *giggle*

No, but seriously- I think he fancies you...
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I don't get people who play games and act weird, if I like someone I just act friendly to them.

I hear ya.

My best mate had an ongoing saga with a workmate who used to call her childish names, flick staples at her across the room and basically bully her playground-style for months and months. I was convinced he fancied her but she actually got seriously depressed about the entire situation and felt really singled-out. It turned out he did eventually ask her out, but suffice to say the relationship didn't work (or even go past three dates, which I'm not even sure why she went on) as he was a complete plank.

I guess you'll just have to ignore him, though that might make him step it up a bit if he is as daftly childish as he sounds. Have you thought about having a word about how it embarrassing it is for you... or is that, in turn, too embarrassing?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    and Southern

Whats wrong with that!!! :p