Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leg

About a month ago I tripped up some stairs and hurt my leg, shin to be exact. It was very sore, but nothing obviously wrong other than a big graze and there was a funny ridge in my shin even after it healed.

Anyway, yesterday at work I had a bit of a fall down the stairs and hit the exact same spot on my shin, causing a tiny little graze but it hurts like hell. Its swollen (outwards to the side rather than out the front where I hit it), and hurts to walk/if I move my leg or foot in any way, and even when I sit still I'm getting shooting and stabbing pains.

I'm generally not one to make a fuss, I'm more of a "just get on with it" kind of girl, but my mum, my boyfriend and dads girlfriend (I haven't told Dad yet :|) keep saying I should get it checked because I've hit it twice in the same place so its worse than it would be if I did it once, shins have little protecting them and apparently shooting and stabbing pains aren't normal. Are they overreacting or am I underreacting? I was thinking I'd just continue to drug myself up to the eyeballs for the next few days and continue with the hot and cold compressing thing, and if its still bad in a week or so then get an appointment at the docs, but according to la familia I'm being silly.

So am I being silly, or are they overreacting?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It does sound it could be bad. I'd get it checked.
    I've heard doctors aren't allowed to stab you anymore if you go to them with no problem. :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quite possible that you chipped the bone.
  • Options
    It does sound it could be bad. I'd get it checked.
    I've heard doctors aren't allowed to stab you anymore if you go to them with no problem. :p

Yeah, the doctors can't stab me but my boss might if I have to take time off work for it :p
  • Options
    but my mum, my boyfriend and dads girlfriend (I haven't told Dad yet :|) keep saying I should get it checked because I've hit it twice in the same place
    :chin: so many people saying you should get it checked...