Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

kasabian this week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone going to see them at brixton this week. Who is the support act?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    anyone going to see them at brixton this week. Who is the support act?

I'm not but i wish i was :crying:
  • Options
    I'm not but you have my sympathy.

Saw them as support for the who, and they were crap.
  • Options
    Compared to The Who, most bands are...
  • Options

Thats what i was going to say.
  • Options

Yeah, but at least most other bands don't take a quality song like Heroes and rip the bollocks off it.
  • Options
    Yeah, even Oasis managed not to screw that one up completely.

I like Kasabian, but they are just an average band with huge egos.
  • Options
    Fratellis were support act.

I saw them...they were amazing. They've come a long way sinse the first album in terms of putting on a live show.

And lets be honest, I love the Who but...the old men touring under that name at the moment aren't the Who. I don't care what anyone says without Keith Moon and John Entwistle they aren't the same band and franky I find the one-time champions of youthfull rebellion still prancing about on stage in their sixties dangerously close to pathetic.

Fair play they want to make some cash and its a bit of an experience seeing legends like them but they don't have the energy or hunger of a new band. They had their time and rock and roll is, after all, a young man's game.
  • Options
    I have to agree with Jon UK about The Who...

As for Kasabian, I think they're OK. Would have loved to see The Fratellis though!
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    And lets be honest, I love the Who but...the old men touring under that name at the moment aren't the Who. I don't care what anyone says without Keith Moon and John Entwistle they aren't the same band and franky I find the one-time champions of youthfull rebellion still prancing about on stage in their sixties dangerously close to pathetic.

Yes, the irony of the line "hope I die before i get old" isn't lost on me.

They still have it though, much more than many "youthful" bands around today.
  • Options
    my boyfriend went last nite to see them, he loves them!
  • Options
    Yes, the irony of the line "hope I die before i get old" isn't lost on me.

They still have it though, much more than many "youthful" bands around today.

Fair enough, its all subjective I suppose. They looked like fat old men trying to relive a mid life crisis to me. I have vowed never to see the stones now. Apart from the outrageous ticket prices I don't want another one of my legends ruined.
  • Options
    Oh, I saw them at Harewood House last month, and they had as much energy as ever. It's all subjective though. I'm sure Daltrey would argue that he isn't old yet. Dad reckons it was one of the most energetic gigs he's seen from the Who, and he's been watching them for 35 years.

I don't mind Kasabian, I just find them ridiculously overhyped.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:
    Fair enough, its all subjective I suppose. They looked like fat old men trying to relive a mid life crisis to me. I have vowed never to see the stones now. Apart from the outrageous ticket prices I don't want another one of my legends ruined.
    I saw them on the super bowl, it was quite scary to watch! I was convinced they were going to drop dead on stage.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't mind Kasabian, I just find them ridiculously overhyped.

I have some friends who always complain about this with bands but I don't get it. I just try to steer clear of anything likely to overhype bands and put me off. If you try and switch radio stations reasonably regularly and don't buy the crappy know all music mags its pretty easy to avoid and that way it doesn't colour your view.

They are of course completley ripping off primal scream/happy mondays but I fucking love both of them so i don't care :D

As for the Who, I don't have 35 years experience of seeing them so I don't have the same authority on the subject but to me they seemed a bit of a parody. But there still bringing 'em in by the thousands so they must be doing something right I suppose.

Mind you, they have 35 years experience of playing those songs and an enormous back catalogue to pick from each set so a direct comparison with a newer band is a little unfair. I still feel the energy/atmosphere given off by a lot of newer bands is more exciting.
  • Options
    It depends on the band, I think. I saw the Sunshine Underground in Middlesbrough a little while ago and they were absolutely fantastic, because of all the energy and power.

The thing that most disappointed me about Kasabian was that they didn't have any power or energy, especially compared to the main event.

At the last gig of The Who's I saw they played a lot of new stuff too, which I think is why it was so good.
  • Options
    i might go and get tickets to go see kenny rogers