Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this a good sign?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

There is a girl who i work with who i really like and i think she likes me too but, because i am quite shy i am not sure about making a move. One of the many things she likes to do when i am around whether at work or outside work is to try and get one over on me, by trying to do things better than me even though she says she is not competitive.

Earlier this week she invited me to go to crazy golf with her and another girl from work. Much to my friends delight she won! In the pub afterwards ( we were all sober) most of the banter was between me and this girl, and i am sure our colleague felt a bit like a spare part. The next day me and my friend were chatting and i made a coment about her being competitive. Yet again she was adament that she is not a competitive person. However this time she said that I was the only person she was competitive against and she was not bothered that she had also beaten the other girl at golf.

Do you guys think it is good that i make her feel this way?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    I dont really see the problem to be honest. So what if shes competitive.
  • Options
    He's asking whether the fact that she's only competitive with him suggests that she fancies him.
  • Options
    Erm, maybe she fancies the third party to your outing. Everyone has different ways of thinking about these things but I'd probably be competing for the attention of the person I fancied, rather than competing against them as I know how fragile the egos of men can be (especially when you beat them hands down at everything ;) ).

But I don't know, really. Has she given you any other indication that she fancies you?

That said, a bit of healthy competition with their partner (or the person they fancy) really gets people going... varies from person to person, I guess.