Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

scratched cornia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there everyone.
My girlfriend has a scratched cornia. She got the scratch as a child. Unfortunatly every now and again her eye dries out i guess and causes her to go through hell. She gets terrible migranes starts shakign, throwing up, and her whole body pretty much shuts down. I can't stand it when ti happens to her, it's the worst feeling ever. Has anyone heard of such a thing? she said she's asked doctors and they didn't really say anything. Any ideas on how to fix this? she tries to take some pain releivers but ends up throwing them up. she tries eyedrops but that doesnt seem to work either.
any ideasss?!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there everyone.
    My girlfriend has a scratched cornia. She got the scratch as a child. Unfortunatly every now and again her eye dries out i guess and causes her to go through hell. She gets terrible migranes starts shakign, throwing up, and her whole body pretty much shuts down. I can't stand it when ti happens to her, it's the worst feeling ever. Has anyone heard of such a thing? she said she's asked doctors and they didn't really say anything. Any ideas on how to fix this? she tries to take some pain releivers but ends up throwing them up. she tries eyedrops but that doesnt seem to work either.
    any ideasss?!

Sounds more like the symptoms are due to her suffering from migraines rather than the scratched cornea causing the symptoms. If she is getting migraines regularly she should see her GP as they can give her medication to prevent migraines.

Scratched corneas also generally heal themselves within a matter of days from the injury...they can be known to reoccur clicky but i would suspect it is more likely she is suffering from migraines as she has all the classic symptoms. Hope this helps info