Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Email problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hope someone can help! I work for a campsite and we have an email account accessed through Outlook express. Basically for the past 3 days we have been receiving the same set of about 40 emails every 20 minutes or so. The emails are not all spam, some were enquiries from our website and some are from Tescos etc., so it isn't just a case of getting the same spam over and over. Also when looking at the date and times the emails were sent, each copy appears to have been sent at the same time so it seems like for some reason we keep getting sent duplicate copies of each email. I keep deleting them as they come but we've got over 2000 deleted emails in our deleted folder and I can't keep up!

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can stop it?

Comments

• Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    See if you can access the email through another manner, the web or some other interface, depending on what type of email you're using, and check if there's a particularly large email. Then read them, save important ones and delete all the rest.

Outlook Express seems to do what you've described if it can't get a full download (as far as I remember, haven't used it for a while).
  • Options
    What ISP are you with? I'd get on to their support line.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, I think it was a download problem as I've just had quite a few emails come through that we obviously haven't received in the last few days and the problem seems to sorted itself out now.

Thanks again :)