Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why? Why? Why? Bad Tampon!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead: I try and I try and I try.

I'm nearly 18, I've been sexually active for 2 years and I CANNOT use tampons. I push them in up up up up up up up up til they physically CAN'T go any further. Then they hurt like made, my muscles spasm, I push it in a bit. Wak around for all of 5 secs and then my muscles start clenching and have to take it out.

I use mini-size with lubricant. WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    Ho hum

I've tried both, and I only say 'far as I physically can' because I've tried all the different amounts of insertion! LOL!

I've tried to try a different amount of 'pushing in' each time. I know when it's too low cuz the muscles clamp around it.

With applicators I just push and then it pushes against the wall and I end up having it practically only half in. And then with non-applicators I just don't know what I'm doing?!
  • Options
    :banghead: I try and I try and I try.

I'm nearly 18, I've been sexually active for 2 years and I CANNOT use tampons. I push them in up up up up up up up up til they physically CAN'T go any further. Then they hurt like made, my muscles spasm, I push it in a bit. Wak around for all of 5 secs and then my muscles start clenching and have to take it out.

I use mini-size with lubricant. WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!

Don't use tampons then? Just a wild suggestion...
  • Options
    Do you do the "one leg up on the toilet" trick? That was the only way I could ever get mine in right when I first started using them.

I know you say you've been trying for ages but really, practise makes perfect. Though I do know some women just never get along with tampons, no matter what size/brand/positioning they try.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    Don't use tampons then? Just a wild suggestion...

Have you ever worn a pad, or ever needed to wear a bathing suit or white, or a leotard whilst on :yeees: Yeah... shhhh.

I find applicator ones to be the easiest. Just a suggestion, I find, you put the bottom of the tampon w/ an applicaotr level with the opening of your vagina. As in, when you put it in, you finger touches you when you push it in.

If your having troubles putting it in, try different positions. One leg up on a toilet seat, laying down, sitting. Also, try aiming back towards your spine. Or back and off to one side. Try several positions of the tampon.

Do it when you have plenty of time for youself. Do not be in a hurry. :)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Yup, totally, tried all the getting to know by body crap!
  • Options
    Might sound a bit :nervous: but try doing it when you are a bit turned on. It is much easier. Just whilst you are getting used to it I mean.
  • Options
    You need to aim towards the small of your back rather than "up up up up up up up up".
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    You need to aim towards the small of your back rather than "up up up up up up up up".
    I'm sorry, but this post made me lol
  • Options
    Can't you tell who's male and female just by their responses to this thread eh? :rolleyes:

All the tips mentioned so far should help you Fizz, and applicator ones are almost definetely easier for a beginner. What brands have you tried? It sounds odd, but it's just that I know I don't get along with some brands, such as Tampax Compact or what ever they're called with the silly plastic applicators. I can never work them as strange as it sounds.

ETA: Meant to put, that maybe if you have been trying cardboard applicators, maybe you would be better suited to the plastic ones, as I'll admit, they are... smoother to use. Or vice versa.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    relax.
    and make sure you push it up there at an angle not just 'straight up'