Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bitten

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was bitten [or stung i'm not sure] whilst out shopping today. I didnt see the insect that actually did it although i saw it's wings. It definetely wasnt a bee or wasp. It hurt like fuck and still does. I washed it in warm water then cold then bought Germolene and stuck that on. Came home and questioned a few people and got some suggestions. So i'm cleaned it again and applied the Germolene again. Thing is as i can only put the Germolene on once more tonight and it's still hurting like a motherfucker.

When i checked my neck in the mirror the area i was bitten/stung had swollen in size comparable to that of the circumfrence of a 1p but the smelling quickly went down.

Just wanted to check if their was anything else i could or should do now ? Was just a bit worried that whatever bit/stung me could cause some kind of infection or something, probbaly worrying over nothing though.

Someone said it could have been a dragon fly that did it bit i honestly dont know what it was, it just had green or brown wings and one hell of a bit eor sting !

Comments

• Options
    Give it a day or two and if the swelling and pain hasnt gone down then go to the docs, you hear all sorts of horror stories like insects laying their eggs in people then the eggs hatching etc.. :yuck:
  • Options
    Dod some vaseline on it and a wee bandage when you go to bed and that'll draw out anything that is inside your sking like a sting/larvae of eggs etc :p
  • Options
    Was it a horsefly? They hurt like buggery and swell up loads. We thought my brother had broken his ankle because it was so swollen and painful, turned out it was just a bite.

Try taking an anti histamine. Magnesium Sulphide paste is a useful thing for drawing out infections as well.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Dod some vaseline on it and a wee bandage when you go to bed and that'll draw out anything that is inside your sking like a sting/larvae of eggs etc :p

oi don't do that to me ! i dont want those thoughts in my head never mind any eggs or larvae ! :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've been bitten by a few horsefly and that's what it sounds like.

I know Dragonfly's have got an awsome bite - you just have to watch the way they devour flies in mid air - but I've never heard of them biting people.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Give it a day or two and if the swelling and pain hasnt gone down then go to the docs, you hear all sorts of horror stories like insects laying their eggs in people then the eggs hatching etc.. :yuck:
    ^^^^^^^ My neighbor.

Don't worry, if you were to die, you would have gone into anaphylactic shock by now. Just but antiseptic on it like tcp. :)