Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ARGHHHHHHH. Dyed clothes.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mother put a red top in with ten of my fave items of WHITE clothing.
Now they're all pink. My grey tops pink aswell.

Is there anything I can do to bleach them back? They're still wet.

I'm going to kill her.
Hmph.

Comments

• Options
    You can get this colour restore stuff from supermarkets, can't remember what its called though.
  • Options
    Oh I feel your pain. Sorry can't help you there honey..
  • Options
    Hmm I'll have a look.. trouble is, some of the stuff is blue/white striped, so I dunno how easy it would be to bleach.

I guess I'll have to guilt-trip her into buying me more stuff ;p.
  • Options
    There's a colour run catcher thing you can get, you have to do it kinda quickly though.
  • Options
    It isn't bleach, its actually to remove colour that has been washed in. I used it on a black and white dress.
  • Options
    i know what you mean, isnt it called acco or something like that. You get it in the super market where you get the washing stuff, if you cant find it you could always try something like ace bleach
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Dylon colour run removers. Most supermarkets have em. Fabulous, but better when the clothes to be treated are still wet.
  • Options
    Well I put my (still-wet) clothes through two courses of that Dylon stuff and.. no use. The red top that spoilt things had never been washed before, so I guess it's dye was ultra-strong.

Shame really, none of the stuff is very nice pink. I can just about wear one of my tops again.

Off to Plymouth this week with some compensation from my muv ;).
  • Options
    dye them all colours darker than pink.
  • Options
    The white shorts are a funny peachy pink now.. would I be able to dye them dark/navy blue, or would they go purpley?
  • Options
    If they are cotton, or have a high cotton content, you should be able to dye them with a really dark dye. Navy should be fine.

Don't bleach them though! Bleach damages fabric and you might find yourself with little holes eaten away. :eek:
  • Options
    I did that with some of Lennys white school tops and pants. I just soaked them in dilute bleach for a while and i got them white again.
    If theyre otherwise ruined, what have you got to lose?
  • Options
    Well I think I'll dye the shorts blue.. they're a funny stiff fabric and a bit of a complicated design, so I don't think they would bleach well.

The two vest-tops that have gone pink.. might try bleaching them. Ones thin cheap cotton, the other is from Topshop, and its a little thicker and ribbed.
    Would it really mess them up?
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Would it really mess them up?

Don't know until you try :) If you'd wear them how they are now, then I wouldn't try it. If you wouldn't you've got nothing to lose. Or if you're apprehensive, just try one first (which ever you dislike most)