Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reading Fest!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I want to go to Reading, the line up looks great, especially Sunday...My chemical Romance, Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Placebo...AMAZING!

One lil problem...I don't have a ticket...or anyone to go with. All my friends are skint or working...whereas I am not...getting a ticket would be fairly easy, there's always a way.

So, some advice...how stupid would I be to go on my own? Perhaps more importantly, would I not just look like a complete loner if I did?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    They dont tell you this, in fact they will tell you its not true, but you can actually buy reading tickets on the gate (you cant do this for V though or a lot of other festivals in case youre wondering) They dont tell you because otherwise everyone would do it and they would run out, but they always keep a few back if you get there early enough.

if you wanna go, go. I did a festival on my own last year and it was fine. tbh, you make more friends that way. I actually got dumped by my mate there, and after initially wanting to come home, i just thought id stay and think of it as an adventure, and it was, and it meant i could see the bands I wanted WHEN i wanted, i could go to the front if i wanted without anyone moaning, and i could leave halfway through a set if i wasnt enjoying it without anyone else having a say in it!!!
    seriously, do it on your own. I bet you wont regret it. Or you could always go onto www.efestivals.co.uk and tell someone on their forum that youre going alone and i bet youd easy find a festival buddy.
    I think theres one or two from here that are going too.
  • Options
    They dont tell you this, in fact they will tell you its not true, but you can actually buy reading tickets on the gate (you cant do this for V though or a lot of other festivals in case youre wondering) They dont tell you because otherwise everyone would do it and they would run out, but they always keep a few back if you get there early enough..

do you know if this is true for leeds as well?

was supposed to be goign but we never got our arses in gear and got tickets. i still wanna go so might turn up. how early would you recommend getting there?

its not too far to travel even if i do leave dissapointed.
  • Options
    i havent done it, but loads of people on efestivals have. I assume leeds would be the same tbh.

found this
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=63166&hl=tickets+on+gate
  • Options
    I have two tickets if you want. PM me as I've knocked the price down.
  • Options
    now that my mates have decided we want to go we are struggling to find tickets for leeds on the saturday, ebay seems like our best bet, but we keep missing out.

dont suppose anyone knows anywhere else that has day only tickets left?
  • Options
    I'm going for the whole weekend, WHOO!

And SCC is right - you can buy tickets at the gate. :)
  • Options
    if you get there early enough!!!

I hope the weathers ok for you. I was there a couple of years ago when it rained and rained. The whole place was a quagmire.

Still great fun though, but DO pack wellies to be on the safe side even if it looks sunny.
  • Options
    think we are gonna try get our tickets before we go now rather than rely on turning up and being dissapointed or paying over the odds from a tout. the ones on ebay are going for less than face value so might get lucky.
  • Options
    that happens a lot in the weeks running up to festivals. The two people who i went to V with last year got their tickets for £100 the week before!
    I got my reading ticket last year in the week before for face value so was quite pleased and just picked it up on the way.
  • Options
    I dunno. Reading lineup this year sucks something awful.

Franz Ferdinand headlining? What the fuck? Seems all you have to do to score a headline slot is have stupid hair and a couple of catchy tunes. Wanted to go on sunday as I really wanted to see Pearl Jam, Slayer, Flogging Molly, Bullet For My Valentine and a couple of others but can't justify the price just for half a dozen bands.

It really shows in the Reading lineup that there's no Glasto this year doesn't it.
  • Options
    Shameless plug:
    If anyone does need a weekend camping ticket for reading then I'm selling mine on ebay, there's about 19hrs left on the sale. If anyone's interested let me know, might be able to do a buy it now or something.
  • Options
    managed to get a couple of day tickets off ebay for £70 so pretty happy.