Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The stress of sex and all it entails...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, first I want to get this frustration out of my system....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Ok, now I feel a bit better.

I just wanted to make a post about the stress of being a 19 year old female student living in the 21st century. Is it just me or is sex/relationships/dating/pulling/ etc etc etc the list is ENDLESS, just really bloody hard sometimes. I've read a lot of the posts on here (fab site btw) and there are a lot of people with a lot of problems with all the issues I've mentioned above and more!

I realise that a lot of my life is great, that I love a lot of it, I have some fab friends and the best family but sometimes things are just totally overwhelming.

I'm not really sure where this is going so if you could bear with me I'd be greatful!

I feel like I'm a walking contradiction sometimes, I love to go out, I love to go dancing, I like going on the pull and occasionally I like to bring someone home with me. At the same time I sometimes hate going on the pull, its really daunting, and I'm fortunate enough to find talking to people rather easy, particually after a few drinks! but I can totally empathise with the poeple who think its the most frightening thing in the world!

I like talking to people, but I'm fed up of meeting guys who may as well have a sign on their heads saying 'I am gagging for some right now and am really not interested in what you are talking about AT all, I'd rather get inside your knickers!'

I'm fed up of this idea of 'leagues'. I'm fed up of being asked why I'm chatting to a 'minger' as if its some sort of crime to talk to someone who perhaps isnt the next brad pitt! I'm fed up of men feeling daunted about talking to me because 'Im too good for them' WTF!!!!!!! Are their really people around who are THAT shallow!?!

I'm fed up of feeling pressurised to have a bf. To come home and be given the third degree by my mother and HER FRIENDS!!! about who I'm dating, what I do on a weekend at uni, what or whom I've been up to!

I'm fed up of going clubbing and not being able to sit and chat to people. I love to dance, but sometimes I want to sit and have a drink somewhere. I'm fed up of feeling like I cant do that because to do so, I'd be labelled boring or frigid because I maybe once in a month want to just chill out on a saturday night instead of basically being molested by some random guy!

I'm fed up of pervy men. I'm fed up of walking into a bar and being unable to walk to the counter without being gawped at or offered a drink or making polite conversation with someone who then wants to know if I'm free after the night so I can go home with them.

I'm fed up of sex. For a single girl its bloody difficult sometimes. I like it, a lot, and if its good then its fab, but more often than not its rubbish. I'm fed up of one night stands but then sometimes they're fab. I'm fed up of making shite pillow talk the next morning and never seeing the guys I want to again, which to be fair is VERY few, and being constantly bombarded with texts by those I NEVER want to see again for a month after!

I'm fed up of not having a boyfriend. But then I dont want a boyfriend.

I'm fed up of people feeling pressured to lose their 'V' plates...NO ONE should ever feel like that, and I think it says a lot about the sad society we live in today.

I'm fed up of the distinct lack of dating that goes on today. No one is interested in getting along with anyone anymore, its all just about how many times you can score a month, and although guys are notorious for this, I know girls can be just as bad!!

I'm fed up of walking round town or uni worrying if I'm going to bump into someone I shagged the weekend before and have no intention of seeing again. I am also well aware that this is totally my own fault and that I should never bring them home with me in the first place!

I'm fed up of feeling like I can't make friends with a guy in fear of them wanting more.

I'm fed up of talking about sex alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time. Sometimes I want to talk about other things like travelling or books!!!

I'm fed up of girls being bitches, competing against each other to see who gets the most numbers at the end of the night!

Sometimes I wonder if its just because I'm a student and I'm constantly surrounded by sex all the time. please, someone reassure me that all this is just a phase, that one day all of this will be lifted off of my shoulders and I'll actually be able to ENJOY going out again and being with friends and enjoy MEN again, because atm, im finding it very very difficult!

I realise that a lot of people have far more pressing issues than me, and that most of mine are insignificant but I wonder if I'm alone in just feeling basically exhausted from all of these constant pressures!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

thank you. rant over!

Comments

• Options
    I must admit that I agree with you and I know how you feel. Being a student aswell I constantly get put into the catagory "Drinker/Partyer" which I am completly the opposite. I mean I will have an occasional drink but I dont go out particulary especially to clubs and so on mainly because of the crowds ( I hate crowded places).

I also dont have a gf and never have ( I dont bat for the other side though) so theres a constant pressure there.

So it just like WHY?
  • Options
    Sweet, so which uni did you say you were at :P Joke

I know that was all a good rant but if you're not meeting the right people then aren't you trying the wrong places? The idea of meeting people when drunken doesn't sound so good to me.

I'm sure you won't have to worry so much about student sex life when you're in 2nd, 3rd year... far too much studying :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    That is one impressive rant.
  • Options
    wow, i feel lucky. i don't have any pressures. but then again i'm not single, i don't go to college, i don't party, i don't go to clubs, i don't drink and i don't do any drugs so i'm sure that is a part of it. and yeah, society's pressures and peer pressures don't have to be yours unless you let them. in my experiences i've found that if i put things that are bothering me out of my mind then i can just kind of sail along. anyway, i'm sure you'll find your way. oh what am i saying, i'm only 19, and wet behind the ears! ::end ramble::
  • Options
    I'm fed up of this idea of 'leagues'. I'm fed up of being asked why I'm chatting to a 'minger' as if its some sort of crime to talk to someone who perhaps isnt the next brad pitt! I'm fed up of men feeling daunted about talking to me because 'Im too good for them' WTF!!!!!!! Are their really people around who are THAT shallow!?!

Well, you use to quit talking to real real good looking girls as a average guy at some point of time, because you got 30 rebuffs out of 30 girls.
    It's like jumping down a wall, breaking your arm 10 out of 10 times, but little do you know that after the 11th jump you would finally be able to fly.

It might work, yeah, but for me it was pretty much a waste of time, most of the tries.

/e: it seems the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side." is really correct. There are people ranting about having sex. Wow...
  • Options
    Ok, I'm a student in Bristol where such things rage on unabated. However, I find that you get into those circles/that culture as much as you want to. Ie, I'm sure your Uni is big enough that you can find intellectually stimulating people who only want to stimulate you platonically.

Perhaps it's time to look for company elsewhere? I'm not saying that every person who goes to a bar is a testosterone-fuelled moron but it's not exactly the place to meet someone who is just interested in your personality, is it?
  • Options
    That rather begs the question where do you meet those kind of people though.
  • Options
    quirky wrote:
    I'm fed up of going clubbing and not being able to sit and chat to people. I love to dance, but sometimes I want to sit and have a drink somewhere. I'm fed up of feeling like I cant do that because to do so, I'd be labelled boring or frigid because I maybe once in a month want to just chill out on a saturday night instead of basically being molested by some random guy!

When my straight girl friends feel like that, they come with me to a gay club. All the dancing and chat you need without being molested by drunk men ... they have loads of fun and have some of their best nights out ever.
  • Options
    gay clubs are great fun :thumb:
  • Options
    Fuck that...I love sex. :D