Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Limewire

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Iv'e heard that Limewire has been sued, if this is correct will you have to unistall Limewire if you have it on your computer, or would it still be okay to use it?

Comments

• Options
    Limewire is shite any way. Take a look at www.frostwire.com - it's Limewire but better.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Makoto wrote:
    Limewire is shite any way.
    :thumb: Word.

Torrent is where its at people... torrent!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :thumb: Word.

Torrent is where its at people... torrent!

I use those to download games, but not music, it's too complicated for me i think.

I'll check out frostwire, thank you.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    squeal wrote:
    I use those to download games, but not music, it's too complicated for me i think.

I'll check out frostwire, thank you.

Torrent? Complicated for music? The only difference is you download whole albums at once instead of one song...

Christ, its better! Just do artist search... find an album... download away.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I like limewire but then I use it on a Mac which means I don't get all the spyware that it usually comes with.

Torrent is good, but sometimes I don't want to download the whole fucking album.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Torrent? Complicated for music? The only difference is you download whole albums at once instead of one song...

Christ, its better! Just do artist search... find an album... download away.

Oh okay

So what is a decent site for torrents?

Do you just find the torrent for the album name and then open it in azureus and away you go?

Then after it has downloaded will it just be in your recieved files ready to put onto a disc?

You can so tell i'm female :blush:

ETA: I figured it out myself, i'm impressed.
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    squeal wrote:
    Oh okay

So what is a decent site for torrents?

Do you just find the torrent for the album name and then open it in azureus and away you go?

Then after it has downloaded will it just be in your recieved files ready to put onto a disc?

You can so tell i'm female :blush:

Don't ask for torrent sites here.

Discussing technologies for downloading is fine.
  • Options
    Saeed M wrote:
    Don't ask for torrent sites here.

Discussing technologies for downloading is fine.

Why aren't you allowed to ask, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Actually, what we don't allow is actually sharing around individual torrent files, or direct links to copyrighted material - whereas torrent sites could contain legal material - should have made that clearier to Saeed.

Commonly used torrent sites would be mininova.org and the pirate bay, please be careful on all torrent sites though, don't go clicking banners and make sure you've got a pop-up blocker.
  • Options
    yay yay yay for torrents