Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jealousy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello

just a quick question which may have an large answer.

How do you stop yourself from being jealous of people or a person in social situations? Say for example, guys talking to your girlfriend or girls talking to a guy you like......

any response will would be sweet..

Comments

• Options
    if you trust your partner, there should be no issue, but maybe if you're still jealous, try walking away+talking to your mates/somebody else to take your mind off it.
  • Options
    You cant. But remember whilst you're being jealous of someone else you can probably bet that someone is being jealous of you. Unless you are Jim Davidson.
  • Options
    Yeah, walk away, but it's something you have to kinda get over. You don't wanna seem possesive.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    You cant. But remember whilst you're being jealous of someone else you can probably bet that someone is being jealous of you. Unless you are Jim Davidson.

I don't know who this is, but it sounds like a burn.

*OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!!!!*
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    Jealousy is a very common problem for couples, and although it's not always possible to stop it altogether, there are ways that you can reduce the impact. You might find the following article helpful.

Take care.
  • Options
    Jealousy to a relationship is like weeds to grass.
    If you want it gone, you have to grab it by the roots and rip it out.

This meaning, talk to someone about how you feel, ask yourself why you feel jealous, tell yourself there's nothing to be jealous about and get on with it.

Alternatively kick the living daylights out of the person you're jealous off...hehe (no, don't do that)
    Keep it real!
  • Options
    hello my darlings

i may have phrased the question wrong.
    i am not actually in a relationship, but am infactuated with a girl at work who has placed me gracefully in her 'friendzone'. naturally i become stupidly jealous when guys go anywhere near her (or even initiate converation with her....). how do i stop this mind-numbing jealousy problem?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
  • Options
    You have the security to just smile and be happy your girl gets all the attention yet you go home each night and fuck her like an animal.

Knowing you're a prize and that she likes you just as much.

EDIT

Oops sorry didn't read your other posts, have now tho.

Sounds like what I call Oneitis, get yourself out there and meet other people, I have found for the most part people who become infactuated with a girl are not putting themselves out there enough and meeting enough other quality girls. The more you're around her and the more you don't meet anyone but her the morre you'll be stuck in a rut with this girl.

good point

i read "oneitis" in your other post above this, and wondered what the hell it meant. but its all clear now, and if you dont mind im going to use that phrase too, i hope its not copyrighted.
  • Options
    what does oneitis mean? Also, if you like this girl+get jealous when other guys are near her, have you tried making a move on her? telling her how you feel? asking her out for some drinks - just the 2 of you?
    Or would that not be appropriate?
  • Options
    what does oneitis mean? Also, if you like this girl+get jealous when other guys are near her, have you tried making a move on her? telling her how you feel? asking her out for some drinks - just the 2 of you?
    Or would that not be appropriate?

well as i said, she seems to have placed me in her "friendzone", so that would not be an option