Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Travelling tips!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok - maybe this should be in travel, but.....

I'm going to West Africa tomorrow for an indefinite but limited period of time, and I'm packing LIGHT. One 40 litre rucksack, et c'est tout. So what are your travel tips which take up minimal space and weight but make you look purty as a picture?

Ways to keep your hair looking nice, ways to hide it when it doesn't, skincare that doesn't come in a big heavy bottle, etc. all welcome!

I'm only taking mascara with me makeupwise, by the way - figured I could squidge it on as eyeliner too......

Ok geniuses - GO!

Comments

• Options
    Dry shampoo might be quite useful.
  • Options
    could you not sneak in a trip to a salon for an eyelash tint, then swap the mascara for eyeliner?
  • Options
    Put your shampoo/moisturiser in smaller bottles/containers, you dont have to buy the special mini ones.

Take a good body moisturiser/lotion and user it as face/body moisturiser, cleanser, make-up remover and after sun

Insect repellent is much needed also.

Be ruthless about the amount of clothes you take - put what you need in a pile, then go through it again and take stuff out... you can always wash a couple of tops if you want to wear them again. Take quite plain clothes that can be worn casually in the day, and then worn again at night, with some nice accessories, like a pair of nice smart shoes/jewellery/pretty bag. so take some accessories to jazz things up. Make sure clothes mostly go with everything else, so it can be mixed and matched,r ather than having 'outfits'

Put things inside shoes when you're packing your case/bag, will save on room :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Shampoo bars by Lush are my favorite travelling tip - you can get shampoo and conditioner in one, or seperately, and you can also use them to wash you and your clothes as well if you want to... Link here (if it works)

A super absorbent travel towel dries really quickly and packs down to a tiny size too.
  • Options
    yeah shampoo bars from Lush - good tip. the godiva one is 2in1 and smells divine.
    I wouldnt bother with moisturiser tbh. or just take a small pot of cream rather than lotion if you must - more concentrated. Maybe a pot of cold cream or something.
    Got to take a hat too!
  • Options
    A bandana - covers your hair when it's a mess, protects your head (but not face) from sunburn. Or a nice scarf. They don't take up much room at all!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Oh yeah, and this is brilliant, gives you that fresh barely made up look in one handy little travel sized box. Its my fave at the moment...
  • Options
    braid your hair, cornrows or individuals, hair looks perfectly done, without any hassel for 6 weeks...