Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Miscarriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ages ago I had a period were it was like very red blood and thick clot things. My usual period is a browny colour (sorry!) and I was talking to my nurse friend and she said maybe it might of been a miscarriage - she has never had clots before. I thought it was normall to have the clots? I only had them that once but thought some people have them? I dont think I had a miscarriage - I hope I didnt, I just think it's my mate overreacting. Its just I thought it was normall to have the clots??

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes i get clots, it's pretty normal.

You'd usually know if it was a miscarriage.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    same here
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

:yes:
  • Options
    why would your mate say that? Is she trying to upset you?
  • Options
    why would your mate say that? Is she trying to upset you?

Yeah i'd wonder that too. I would of thought a nurse would know that clots in periods are normal. I've seen clots during a miscarriage and some of them are fuckin huge. Usually relatively easy to distinguish between those and ones you can get during your period.
  • Options
    Yep, I'd agree with the others. My period are generally pretty light, but every now and again I'll get one that's a bit heavy, or long, or generally odd. Bodies aren't machines, and they do go haywire from time to time.

On the flip side, really early miscarriages are pretty common too - I once had a late period and then a really heavy one, and the nurse said that a lot of people have the same, and it can either be just a one off odd period, or a really early miscarriage. And if they weren't trying for a baby, if wasn't overly painful or heavy, or just weren't paying attention, they'd never even realise.

Would it make a difference to you if it were a miscarriage?
  • Options
    I don't know what menstruation is supposed to look like but I do know although there is a natural anti-coagulant in the endometrium sometimes clots occur, although it's perfectly normal (and sometimes you get nice solid lumps of lining too)
  • Options
    My periods are quite heavy and clot most of the time
  • Options
    I get little clots during my period, its nothing to worry about.

If they get bigger or you seem to be loosing more blood than usual then get checked out at the doctors
  • Options
    I don't know the difference between the actual lining clumps and clots. I think mine are the lining if not clots.